Road King wanted

The VN starts with 5H so is a Europe bike.....

One thing I have tried to do is stop the dam alarm activating after 30s but after trying and reading the manual am I right in thinking that you cannot turn off automatic activation on the European bikes?

Thank you all for showing an interest, this takes the wifes purchase of bikes for me this year to 3, well not just for me but she never gets time to ride as is always working.....................:blagblah

I can't speak for your model year, but I managed to change the alarm setting on my 2006 EG so it would only set on my command from the remote, using the HD instructions. Just make sure the remote battery is up to snuff before you start the process.

My alarm self arms quite quickly and i am always setting it off! there is a thing you can do with a sequence of handlebar switch gear button presses to put it into service (off) mode but I'm not sure about a delay control option. I'll take a look

Just learnt something myself-RTFM and yes looks like you can adjust alarm sensitivity :blast

Try the attached pics from the HD manual to adjust in case you didn't get one?

Attachments

• IMG_6849.jpg
    IMG_6849.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6850.jpg
    IMG_6850.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 150
Cheers for that will check out the sensitivity as it seems the automatic arming cannot be changed

Cheers for that will check out the sensitivity as it seems the automatic arming cannot be changed

As I understand it, unless you have an FLHR 5HD bike built for the Netherlands market, you should be able to alter the auto-arming configuration.

It's page E-58 in my manual, yours may be different - H-D Factory Security System, where Table 30 details the procedure to enable/disable his annoying feature.

The system also allows you to set up a 5-digit personal code for disarming, in case of the loss/damage to the remote. Some don't bother, if they have 2 remotes, but it can save bricking the whole alarm module.

As I understand it, unless you have an FLHR 5HD bike built for the Netherlands market, you should be able to alter the auto-arming configuration.

It's page E-58 in my manual, yours may be different - H-D Factory Security System, where Table 30 details the procedure to enable/disable his annoying feature.

The system also allows you to set up a 5-digit personal code for disarming, in case of the loss/damage to the remote. Some don't bother, if they have 2 remotes, but it can save bricking the whole alarm module.

What year is yours?

My EG is a 2006 5HD UK bike built at York, whereas the OP's FLHR is a 2003.

Seems like OP has the procedure detailed in his riders manual, but can't get the system to respond, if I read things correctly.

Could this answer the question about these met black 100th bikes, rather than the familiar silver/black combo. Were they NL bikes shipped here to meet UK demand?

Back
Top Bottom