Chain Lube

JoeC

rebircsbuS
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had enough of my Scottoiler about a year ago and now use chain lube but can't find one I am happy with. I ride all year round and do about 10K just going to-from work. Have tried Muc-Off Endurance and Banana Slip.

Any other sugestions?

Cheers
Joe

Why did you get rid of scottoiler? What’s wrong with the other stuff you tried? JJH

I had a Scottoiler on my F700GS - it coated the underside of the bike in a very hard to remove sludge, even on very low settings. I wouldn’t bother with one in future and have no problem cleaning and re-lubing the chain. Try SDOC100 White Chain Spray - not cheap but a little goes a long way, it dries almost transparent and puts a slick, waxy film on the chain that doesn’t fling and lasts a long time. The best chain lube I’ve tried and I’ve been through most products. Sportsbikeshop often have offers - I bought three bottles recently and it’s only when I opened the box that I discovered 3 bottles of chain cleaner. Nice!

I have tried & tried Scotoilers..
The last one this yr on my 650GS SE.
But gave up again in the end.
The best I've found is MOTUL.
Any of their's are good
But i must say on the 700GS I've just bought from Allan Jefferies in Shipley had white chain lube on it & it's really good, but don't know what's its called though :blast

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1569359084223.jpg
    FB_IMG_1569359084223.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 576
I’ve had scottoilers on most of my chain driven bikes. Just ordered a Chinese one for the f850 never had a problem always fitted by myself JJH

I had a Scottoiler on my F700GS - it coated the underside of the bike in a very hard to remove sludge, even on very low settings. I wouldn’t bother with one in future and have no problem cleaning and re-lubing the chain. Try SDOC100 White Chain Spray - not cheap but a little goes a long way, it dries almost transparent and puts a slick, waxy film on the chain that doesn’t fling and lasts a long time. The best chain lube I’ve tried and I’ve been through most products. Sportsbikeshop often have offers - I bought three bottles recently and it’s only when I opened the box that I discovered 3 bottles of chain cleaner. Nice!

+1 for SDOC100. Its great stuff.

SDOC is the best that i have found as well

Very little fling and just works

Many people swear by Wurth dry lube but i just dont trust it and certainly not when it rains

The Doc stuff seems to be a mixture of dry and wet in as much as it stays the chain without being too oily

WD40 chain lub (cheap from Aldi occasionally) - the best of the cans, I’ve found..........

But Scottoiler E-system beats that for chain longevity and lack of requirement to adjust. BUT - at full RRP, it isn’t justified on cost really.

You are all very naughty boys for coming onto a GS FORUM and openly discusding matters relating to a "chain drive"!!! :eek::D

Well seeing as you've started it now, my choice for road bikes is the SDOC (marvellous stuff), and for off-road I've found the Wurth dry lube yo work very well.
Like JB I use GT85, but that's sprayed liberally over all the rest of the bike (just not on the chain or brakes)!

Ive used Wurth dry lube for a few years.

Use it on push bikes , trial bikes and road bikes.

I know some dont trust it because it looks like you havnt lubed the chain ,but it works great and doesnt attract shite, or fling off.

Tutoro oiler here.

Thin oil residue, easily wiped off the wheels, no faff.

Couldn't go back to tins of sticky crap again....

D

Back
Top Bottom