Thinking of selling

Yes, (I have one on the £3k off, no deposit and £70 a month 0%) OP can't ride the current AT due to its height so is interested in the 1100 AT (Or could get a bargain 1000 AT and spend £300 getting it lowered...that would save him £5k ISH)

Are the PCP figures out yet for the new 1100?

One dealer suggested 3k deposit and £189 x 36. No future value given yet. Wont have all finance details till end of October at earliest. Cheaper than the quote I got for the trumpet XRT 1200.

Development is ongoing, and in 2021 the Multistrada family will expand to see the twin cylinder 1260 and 950 motorcycles joined by a version with a new, specific V4 engine

Or wait another year.....

Yes it is, sorry, should have quoted

No. Its on a 4 year pcp deal but I usually change bikes every 3. We all like a new bike when we get the chance. The GSA will be traded in against something. Depends on the deal.

It'll be interesting to see how other brands/dealers deal with part ex value of the GS. Enjoy the search (and test rides)

It'll be interesting to see how other brands/dealers deal with part ex value of the GS. Enjoy the search (and test rides)

Yamaha offered 8600! Triumph 10600 plus 1000 deposit contribution. Honda offered 10600 but that's only a guestimate until the actual ATAS figures come out. Oh BMW offered 10600 too.

I'm sure you'll do fine and hopefully won't be tied to one brand due to crap actual figures offered. :beerjug:

Are those figures crap?

Sorry, I've no idea.
If you're getting bottom dollar for the trade in and getting a poor deal on the new bike, obviously not. If it's a price match at the upper ened of a trade in deal AND a good new bike deal......
Only you will know how much the bike stands you at, at time of deal and how much you are prepared to take for it coupled with the deal you get on the new bike. (My last trade in was with a Hexhead GSA and I took less for it than I'd have liked...but was getting 25% off the new bike on a 0% deal so overall, I was happy)

Its mind blowing some of the comments on this thread who cares how someone purchases their bike surely its up to them if they have sat down and done the maths having looked at all the options.Dealers happy purchaser is happy hopefully another bike on the road end of?

Its mind blowing some of the comments on this thread who cares how someone purchases their bike surely its up to them if they have sat down and done the maths having looked at all the options.Dealers happy purchaser is happy hopefully another bike on the road end of?

I agree....but the highlighted bit above is the rub. If, by a 10 minute 'chat' on a forum, one person re-evaluates his or her purchase and it saves them some cash and hassle......

I agree....but the highlighted bit above is the rub. If, by a 10 minute 'chat' on a forum, one person re-evaluates his or her purchase and it saves them some cash and hassle......
Fair enough but without the derogatory comments about how they purchase and what it seems to mean to certain people ;)

I stripped everything off my TE as they didn't want any of it on return. Made zero difference to the final valuation.
As a trade in though would be different - depending on the dealer obviously.
Usually gives them more room to play with figures having a bike.

BMW dealers don’t generally sell bikes with non BM parts fitted so they will remove all but their own approved stuff, or so I was once told

BMW dealers don’t generally sell bikes with non BM parts fitted so they will remove all but their own approved stuff, or so I was once told

Every dealer I have spoken to has said leave the panniers on but remove everything else. Panniers sell bikes apparently!

Not always. Mine came from a dealer and had a fair few extras left on it from the Givi handguard aero extensions, bar grips, tank protector, etc and there were other bikes in stock with extras on them. I gues it depends on the dealer and the after market part. I can appreciate a dealer wanting to strip things off like cheap Chinese sourced after market lights, but sensible improvements I think help to sell bikes.

I have usually found that when selling a fully farkled bike, you want to get a reasonable amount for said farkles and assign what you feel to be a fair second hand value for them. Often this means your asking price seems high compared to others on various web sites, meaning that yours appears down the search list. Folk often don't look at your bike as a result and I have found defarkling (is that a new word ?) sells the bike much quicker for a lower price. Selling the farkles later often means you are better off overall. I suppose it is a balance between farkles making the bike more attractive to buyers and those which do not add perceived desirability. Good panniers are a desirable thing but dripping carbon fibre may not be.

Shit a brick, you lot sound like women.

You dont save when you spend.

Back
Top Bottom