Accident in Coolock. ? ? ?

One response on the DFB post:

"Christ the motor cyclist must have been fairly travelling... 😱 I hope both parties will be ok."

Predictable... Perhaps the car went through a red light, when the bike was doing no more than the speed limit?

Hard to find info on this, but googling "motorbike accident coolock" returns a site called SMTRENDS, where the following line can be seen below the link: "20 hours ago - The crash happened on Oscar Traynor Road in Coolock between Woodlawn and ... The 45-year-old was killed on Wednesday night when the motorbike he was..." Not sure if that's it?

We seem to have very poor discipline on our roads, not sure if that's a factor but I routinely see people running red lights, not using indicators, chatting on the phone without any apparent fear of being caught. I was in Cork City the other day when a cyclist ran a red light, the garda in his patrol car in lane beside me didn't seem at all bothered by it.

We seem to have very poor discipline on our roads, not sure if that's a factor but I routinely see people running red lights, not using indicators, chatting on the phone without any apparent fear of being caught. I was in Cork City the other day when a cyclist ran a red light, the garda in his patrol car in lane beside me didn't seem at all bothered by it.

I think you are on the button there Brian. I commute into Dublin every day and red lights are clearly not for cyclists in their view. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom