Rukka trousers with braces

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
They have 'Armacor' on the side and 'Goretex pro' on th eleft leg. I am not sure what model they are, no label specifies that. I bought them off a chap on here but I can't find the sales ad now to remember who - they are in great condition, no complaints like that. What I am wondering is the size was right for me, Rukka 52 which they say is equilavent to 34"-36" I am at the lower end of that, so ideal.

However they are incredibly tight over the legs, I can get my feet through then have to really heave them on over my thighs and the wiast has loads of room. If I try to put them on over a pair of normal jeans, fairly thin cheap jeans at that, or chinos, they are way too tight. Are these meant to be worn just as they are, or are they meant to be worn as overtrousers, which is how I have always worn biking gear, I always wear something underneath. They are superbly made, with zip protection up the side zips and really careful attention to detail like that, but I can't help feeling I am doing something wrong, I know, now I can't even dress myself. :blast

As they are, although you may have an inner linning which is removable, and allow you to wear trousers underneath.

Also euro size 52 =UK 42.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I thought Euro 52 in trousers was UK 36 waist? It's no way 42". Most companies selling trousers seem to size this way (ie 52 trousers = 34 to 36 inch waist), at least the one's I've recently looked at have. Euro 52 in a jacket is deffo UK 42 chest.

Euro is minus 10 for Jackets and minus 16 for Trousers. 52 are 36" waist.

Rukka are trousers unless they are the thin over type.
You will know the difference.
You may be better off with a different model though as they are different in fit

Thanks guys - I still have the inner lining in them, which if I take out would give a bit of space for jeans below - I shall try tomorrow with nothing else and see how I get on, it will feel very different to what I have become used to. My Richa trousers also have a quilted lining for the winter, but they are at least 15 years old now, still waterproof and no ovious signs of proper wear, the leather patch on the bum has always been treated and is still nice and soft. There is nothing wrong with them really, but the Rukka came available, like the Klim jacket I bought... so I spent money I shouldn't have! :duck:

They are certainly a trouser to be worn by itself. Goretex Pro is a laminated material on their higher range gear. They would have come with an inner layer which is for warmth and might have Outlast material in it. You shouldn't wear anything apart from base layers underneath.

so are the Rukka pants now for sale if so pm me and i will have them or are you keeping them

I thought Euro 52 in trousers was UK 36 waist? It's no way 42". Most companies selling trousers seem to size this way (ie 52 trousers = 34 to 36 inch waist), at least the one's I've recently looked at have. Euro 52 in a jacket is deffo UK 42 chest.

I'm a 32-24 inch waist and I have always taken a euro 54 for both textile and leathers so it sounds like you have a small size?

I'm a 36" waist and have Halvarssons trousers which fit a treat at Euro 52.

Back
Top Bottom