1290 screen?

jdh1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone any recomendations for a screen for a 17 1290 T super adventure,cant see anything like the givi airflow i had on my GS to cut out the buffeting?

Had the Airflow on a 2008 GS and 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere and they were very good, on my 1190 Adventure the Givi Airflow was awful, worst screen I tried - and I tried many!

On my 1190S the best I found was the Puig Touring.

Had the Airflow on a 2008 GS and 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere and they were very good, on my 1190 Adventure the Givi Airflow was awful, worst screen I tried - and I tried many!

On my 1190S the best I found was the Puig Touring.

thanks,is that the 1 with the adjustable deflector on top

I have an almost brand new Givi airflow that fits the 1290 SA-T for sale. Fitted once and removed. Yours for £100 delivered if you want to try it?

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an almost brand new Givi airflow that fits the 1290 SA-T for sale. Fitted once and removed. Yours for £100 delivered if you want to try it?

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks Nin,didnt know Givi made an airflow 4 the sat,I'm interested,as I found it great on the gs but people dont seem 2 like them on the ktm,if ya dont mind me askin why did you fit it once and remove it

Hiya - it’s sold for the 1050 and 1090 but fits just as well.

I ordered it months ago, decided to sell the bike and stupidly tried it on before checking whether they would take it back ...

Drop me a PM if your3 interested. I also have a Madstad, and MRA sports screen ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

thanks,is that the 1 with the adjustable deflector on top

They used to be available with or without deflector, I had deflector model, but if your under 6 foot this is probably not needed, the only "issue" is they are very tall and a bit ugly, I used to fit mine for touring as it would keep rain / flies etc off my visor, but even in lowest setting not much air hits your face so it was a bit naff when really hot.

Worth noting that most (All?) people knocking the Airflow had tried it on the S/R Models, the T is quite different as it has that extra tall clock mask that helps deflect airflow behind the screen, so any comments on the S/R may not apply. Plus you find one mans ideal screen is another mans nightmare.

Hello, has anyone any recomendations for a screen for a 17 1290 T super adventure,cant see anything like the givi airflow i had on my GS to cut out the buffeting?

Fit the KTM 'R' screen or something of identical size from another manufacturer (Puig etc...). I have the 'R' screen plus spacers on my 1190 Adv and it's wonderful especially on the higher setting.

Back
Top Bottom