IAM Cornmarket Insurance.

What difference does that make, takes a couple of seconds while you are on the phone then they email you the paperwork
. Yes and no. I firmly believe that you have to assume the worst these days and that any changes carried out against an active policy will incur charges. I do, and occasionally at least, I'll get pleasantly surprised ;)

Guess if it's the sort of thing that riles you, just ask to be sent a copy of the t&cs before committing to the policy. Doesn't help if you've already taken it out but it may save you from future aggro...though IMHO they all do it so it'll involve a lot of shopping around!

RH Insurance for bikes are similar in style and delivery to NFU - however you must have at least one classic (15 years +) on the policy

What difference does that make, takes a couple of seconds while you are on the phone then they email you the paperwork

Was always done for free in the past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And when they have five calls every five minutes from bikermates all wanting to change something or other which “only takes two seconds, mate”...for eight working hours, six days a week, which go along the lines of: “....and anyway I might not buy the bike coz it might be a shitter and I will change me mind and want summat else coz I hear the new 1300 will be the bollox and can I add me GPS and top box and will the garage where I buy me fuel be covered coz it is like I think 300 yards from me house and I was wondering about garaging or when I go in for a brew and leave me bike for 20 seconds ..... “ how long does that lot equate to and how many transactions?

The first minute of the call will probably be taken up with the bikermate on one end of the line going, “Um, er, I dunno, I’ll have to ask SWMBO, she does all the detail stuff, I just ride me bike and live like....” when the chimp on the other end asks him for the post code of his new address.

RH Insurance for bikes are similar in style and delivery to NFU - however you must have at least one classic (15 years +) on the policy

I had discounted RH as their website says classics must be pre 1991 - are you sure "15 years +" is correct?

Hope so, that would mean my 2002 R1150RS (and 2013 GS) back in the frame

I had discounted RH as their website says classics must be pre 1991 - are you sure "15 years +" is correct?

Hope so, that would mean my 2002 R1150RS (and 2013 GS) back in the frame

Yes
I have a 2002,2005 and a 2008 Bike with RH
They seem fine with that

We're with NFU also. 2 cars & house, and very happy too. Local friendly service, no call centre the other side of the planet, and always a quick response. But, when I asked for a bike quote (for which I normally pay £300) they wanted over £1000. They then went on to say that bikes weren't really their business.
That, unfortunately, was my finding too.

Back
Top Bottom