IAM Cornmarket Insurance.

cjs748

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just moved house and informed IAM Cornmarket insurance via email that I now had a new address.

Got a call from them this afternoon looking for £25 admin fee to amend my policy.

Anyone had this with IAM or other insurer?

Happens all the time - Guessing it was in your T&C for your policy?

My mate just got charged £40 admin fee to change bike mid term plus the extra insurance cost

Scandalous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm an IAM member and used Cornmarket once, - and only once. They are not competitive and there's an admin fee for anything & everything. They usually start (as a lot of others do) with a fairly competitive quote to start with, then welly it at renewal time. They are recommended by the IAM, but I'd never use them again.

I'm an IAM member and used Cornmarket once, - and only once. They are not competitive and there's an admin fee for anything & everything. They usually start (as a lot of others do) with a fairly competitive quote to start with, then welly it at renewal time. They are recommended by the IAM, but I'd never use them again.

Conversely - I found them to be the best, for a multi-bike (where some are modified) policy. They were WAY-cheaper than Carole (we hire chimps) Nash.

Just put my private plate on the latest steed, admin charge from Bennetts was £32 to amend the policy. Even though I was expecting it (same for last bike) I still mentioned it and the fact that other insurers I deal with don't charge for this sort of thing. Mark from Bennetts reply was basically....."tough, we DO charge". They are competitive and have a reasonable reputation should you need them, so sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.

IAM Select insurance was never anything but exorbitant even after their so-called discount, so I'm not surprised that they are still at it. The IAM are good if you want a bead cushion thing for your car or a cardigan with football buttons though.
Had to pay Bennetts 50 quid to cancel my insurance with 6 weeks to run when their quote and charges for a bike change came to something stupid.
There's a theme here!

IAM Select insurance was never anything but exorbitant even after their so-called discount, so I'm not surprised that they are still at it. The IAM are good if you want a bead cushion thing for your car or a cardigan with football buttons though.
Damn! I've been after both of these for ages and got all excited, I'm afraid to tell everybody not to get their hopes up, I can't either in the IAM online shop.

The IAM Surety scheme isn't going to provide the best deal for everyone, but they can normally beat other quotes for most people. I have both my car and bike with them and have always found them to be competitive. In fact, when I bought my R1200 GSA Rallye TE last year, when it wasn't yet listed on the MID, they were the only ones that would give me a quote less than £500 (nearly all the other quotes were about £700). They sensibly realised that the 'Rallye' part of the name only described the colour scheme and were willing to quote against quotes for a normal GSA TE, giving me a policy for under £200.

IAM Select ? IAM Cornmarket ? is this a new branding name for IAM surety ? if so i know to avoid

IAM Select ? IAM Cornmarket ? is this a new branding name for IAM surety ? if so i know to avoid

“Cornmarket Insurance Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd is a member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies. Cornmarket Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registration number 308099. You may check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Cornmarket Insurance Services, registered in Northern Ireland, company number NI030039. Registered Office: First Floor, Boucher Plaza, 4 – 6 Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6HR.”

“Cornmarket Insurance Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd is a member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies. Cornmarket Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) registration number 308099. You may check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768. Cornmarket Insurance Services, registered in Northern Ireland, company number NI030039. Registered Office: First Floor, Boucher Plaza, 4 – 6 Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6HR.”

many thanks

Sometimes there's a reason why cheap things are cheap.

My vehicles are insured with NFU. Not the cheapest but excellent personal service never charges for changes of vehicle, address etc.
I changed a diesel Discovery to a petrol V8 Range Rover (about 4x the value) and got a rebate.

My vehicles are insured with NFU. Not the cheapest but excellent personal service never charges for changes of vehicle, address etc.
I changed a diesel Discovery to a petrol V8 Range Rover (about 4x the value) and got a rebate.

+1 for NFU

Hardly.
When it'll be clearly stated in the policy T&C section.

What difference does that make, takes a couple of seconds while you are on the phone then they email you the paperwork

Was always done for free in the past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too
NFU all the way for 4 wheelers & house
Great local service
Needed some travel insurance for next month - £10 for a pro rated annual policy on my house insurance until renewal date, with a tailored personalised side letter confirming motorcycling

We're with NFU also. 2 cars & house, and very happy too. Local friendly service, no call centre the other side of the planet, and always a quick response. But, when I asked for a bike quote (for which I normally pay £300) they wanted over £1000. They then went on to say that bikes weren't really their business.

Back
Top Bottom