Fred's Italian Job - Dolomites Trip Part 2

fred_jb

Reaction score
This follows on from Part 1 here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/516677-Fred-s-Italian-Job-Dolomites-Trip-Part-1

The second ride out was following a route I called the Southern Loop, taking in a lot of less well known and perhaps slightly less dramatic passes but was a very pleasant ride of over 100 miles, though my actual route on the day varied slightly due to a road closure. Like the previous day, I had good weather for this ride, though was again hit by thunderstorms with heavy rain, not long after getting back to the campsite, so consider myself to have been quite lucky with the weather for the ride.

Second ride out route and pictures:
Dolomites2.jpg

i-bQSPGQv-XL.jpg

i-vRmQBjF-XL.jpg

i-8LXsbmk-XL.jpg

i-r9vbTHC-XL.jpg

i-jGrmDJH-XL.jpg

i-fGRxvLd-XL.jpg

i-FW49Mxx-XL.jpg

I was originally scheduled to stay in the campsite for a further two nights, and explore some areas within the circular route I had just done, but the weather forecast for the final two days was very bad, and as I felt I had seen enough of what I came to see, I decided to move South and had a couple of nights in a very nice B & B/Pizzaria (to recover from the camping!) on my way to Bergamo where I was going to meet my wife. She often flies out to meet me, we do a tour, and then she flies home so as to avoid the ferries and the boring parts of trips - my Ryanair pillion! In this case she didn't really fancy the mountain passes and was in any case only able to be away for less than a week, so we decided to base ourselves in Bergamo and have a couple of ride outs to the lakes.

Very nice B&B on the way to Bergamo:
i-zpCRb3C-XL.jpg

i-gftrmVL-XL.jpg

Last mountain ride before Bergamo:
i-5PfTZZv-XL.jpg

Bergamo, Lake Iseo, and trip home including two days in Chamonix to follow in Part 3

more great Pics here Fred ...thanks for posting

Back
Top Bottom