Selling my Super Duke GT

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you want one then go to the for sale/wanted section and have a look. Much cheapness for UKGSER posters and it’s got to go to make way for a new Husqvarna :D

It’s now departed leaving a Husqvarna sized hole in the garage :D

It’s now departed leaving a Husqvarna sized hole in the garage :D

Get a Svartpilen 701 !!

d5cb21f2f66e46b9a8e73356cf9144f6.jpg

I actually like the looks of the Svartpilen but I’ve gone for an FE501S with the plan being to turn it into a lightweight adventure bike that can also be gently ridden on the green lanes around my home area.

There may be a return to Welsh rallies as well because I’ve not done one since I got rid of my 250EXC and I can’t help feeling that I’m missing out by not throwing myself into the weeds and coming home totally knackered :D

If you want one then go to the for sale/wanted section and have a look. Much cheapness for UKGSER posters and it’s got to go to make way for a new Husqvarna :D

Andy.. why did you sell yours ? I am looking at a new 2020 one as a possibility for next year.

The only reason I changed bikes was I wanted to go for a change of direction from a licence threatening beast to an almost pedestrian lightweight adventure bike.

I really enjoyed having the bike and it was great fun touring Europe on it but I’m very weak willed when it comes to obeying speed limits and it’s not an easy bike to ride slowly. By not easy it’s not just the will power factor but if you’re going to be riding at 50-60mph it really needs to be in rain mode which kind of defeats the object of having one.

The only reason I changed bikes was I wanted to go for a change of direction from a licence threatening beast to an almost pedestrian lightweight adventure bike.

I really enjoyed having the bike and it was great fun touring Europe on it but I’m very weak willed when it comes to obeying speed limits and it’s not an easy bike to ride slowly. By not easy it’s not just the will power factor but if you’re going to be riding at 50-60mph it really needs to be in rain mode which kind of defeats the object of having one.

T7 ?

I get exactly your reasoning, these type of bikes just can't be ridden slow, my opinion is the quicker the bike, the quicker you ride cause if you don't they become almost no fun to ride.

T7 ?

I get exactly your reasoning, these type of bikes just can't be ridden slow, my opinion is the quicker the bike, the quicker you ride cause if you don't they become almost no fun to ride.

A T7 weighs over 200kg dry, a Husqvarna FE501 weighs 110kg dry. I chose the 501 :D

Two different beasts

They’re certainly miles apart in design and build but the requirements from each of them aren’t that different if you want to go a bit further than your favourite burger or latte vendor.

They’re certainly miles apart in design and build but the requirements from each of them aren’t that different if you want to go a bit further than your favourite burger or latte vendor.

How many 250-300 mile days out would you have on your Husky ?

I’m expecting to be doing at least 4 of them in January when I go to Denmark but it’ll have been modified a bit by then.

Back
Top Bottom