Mail delivery system failure - hunderds of 'spam' messages

Bounce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Wife's i phone is receiving loads of these messages all of a sudden, and they just keep arriving as fast as we can delete them.....is there anything we can do to stop or will they just stop once the spammer has had their fun??

Texts,e-mails, i-messages?

If e-mail, log in to webmail on a pc and deal with them there.

e mail only, and they're non stop.

Have logged into the laptop to address, but they're coming through thick & fast

Wife's i phone is receiving loads of these messages all of a sudden, and they just keep arriving as fast as we can delete them.....is there anything we can do to stop or will they just stop once the spammer has had their fun??

Funny you mention this as in the last few days I have received 3-4 messages saying the same thing. Suspected 2 were 'no reply' email addresses but now you have mentioned it maybe they are not.

Copy and pasted below

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

quickbooks@notification.intuit.com (quickbooks@notification.intuit.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, querying the Domain Name System (DNS) for the recipient's domain location information failed.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Receiving server: CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

quickbooks@notification.intuit.com
9/27/2019 12:21:57 PM - Server at CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM returned '550 5.4.312 Message expired

Funny you mention this as in the last few days I have received 3-4 messages saying the same thing. Suspected 2 were 'no reply' email addresses but now you have mentioned it maybe they are not.

Copy and pasted below

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

quickbooks@notification.intuit.com (quickbooks@notification.intuit.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, querying the Domain Name System (DNS) for the recipient's domain location information failed.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Receiving server: CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

quickbooks@notification.intuit.com
9/27/2019 12:21:57 PM - Server at CWXP265MB1863.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM returned '550 5.4.312 Message expired

We spoke to the e-mail service provider (a local firm to us)....the password has been deleted & e-mail a/c on phone & laptop disabled so there's no more of these mails being received on either device....but on the e-mail service providers main server there's now 8000 of these mail delivery failure e-mails against the old account......:eek:

So, it looks like a new e-mail account & password will be set up and see if the folders from the old e-mail a/c can be transferred to the new a/c

if you have outlook running as a mail client on your pc , you can do an export of folders. Then re import into the new account. Its exported as a .pst file. By default I think its called outlook.pst which is you current mailbox (can also be copied and pasted into same location but rename and re point the new mail account to it.) Easiest to export and import.
If so and you need more help getting old mail to new mail account let us know

if you have outlook running as a mail client on your pc , you can do an export of folders. Then re import into the new account. Its exported as a .pst file. By default I think its called outlook.pst which is you current mailbox (can also be copied and pasted into same location but rename and re point the new mail account to it.) Easiest to export and import.
If so and you need more help getting old mail to new mail account let us know

Yes, it's outlook - some bullet point instructions would be handy Don....I can then print them off and attempt on the laptop :D

If you're using your own domain name, you may end up having to change it. Spammer has obviously stolen your email address, and is probably using a random address generator (as well as an accumulated address list) targeting large email servers. Problem for you if it's your own domain, is that large email servers will block your whole domain after an attack.
Just something to be aware of if you've issues with your own mail bouncing back later.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/back-up-your-email-e5845b0b-1aeb-424f-924c-aa1c33b18833 Link has good easy to follow pictures. Text Below

Back up your email

If you want to back up the message folders locally (in addition to keeping them on the server), you can automatically move or delete older items with AutoArchive or export the items to a .pst file that you can restore later as needed and use by importing.

Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.

File Export

Select Export to a file, and then select Next.

Export File

Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and select Next.

Export to data file

Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.

Email folders

Choose a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.

PST location

If you want to ensure no one has access to your files, enter and confirm a password, and then select OK.

The messages that you keep in a .pst file are no different from other messages. You can forward, reply, or search through the stored messages as you do with other messages.

Cheers Don

Found similar info so will get to work on this during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom