recalls

Why worry about some grainy photograph (source unknown) that appears on the internet. For all you know it’s US bikes only or some bod faking one up to worry his mate, who then shares it with his six mates, who share it with their 10 mates, which eventually finds its way to this forum, by when it has become the truth.

Why not call your dealership and ask? Not happy with their answer, call BMW (UK). Not happy still, call BMW (Munich). In the meantime, I’d suggest you carry on. Me, I’m happy to wait to see what drops onto my mat.

Why worry about some grainy photograph (source unknown) that appears on the internet. For all you know it’s US bikes only or some bod faking one up to worry his mate, who then shares it with his six mates, who share it with their 10 mates, which eventually finds its way to this forum, by when it has become the truth.

Why not call your dealership and ask? Not happy with their answer, call BMW (UK). Not happy still, call BMW (Munich). In the meantime, I’d suggest you carry on. Me, I’m happy to wait to see what drops onto my mat.
Your right, about the wait and see bit.

Although do US bike's have a different gearbox from the UK or the rest of the world ? Somehow I doubt it.

Sadly, problems that appear elsewhere in the world are often denied by UK dealers or importers, or it's claimed a totally different spec from ours so isn't relevant.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

K1600B at Vines unavailable for a test ride due to this recall, so must be genuine.

It can cause bike to get stuck in gear.

At present this is not a recall, it is a delivery stop order for dealers Worldwide. Probably easiest to keep UTD via the K16 forum as doubtless the US will hear first .......... www.k1600forum.com

Essentially the message, if your bike is 11/2016 on, is to carry on riding but proceed with a bit of common sense caution - if your GB acts in any way strangely, talk to your local dealer promptly.

I have heard speculation that the problem results from heavy use/abuse of the quick-shifter creating damage/premature wear to the shift forks, but that's all it is, speculation. The mother-ship is under pressure to enlighten owners, but they are reluctant until they have a repair programme organised it seems. It's a real bugger for dealers holding unsold inventory as we draw towards the close of the season in the NH.

Back
Top Bottom