Altberg Boots

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In May a group of us stayed nr Beverley and organised rides out, my route included a visit to Altberg Boots. I have been happy with Daytona Roadstar GTX, but the Altbergs were cheaper, highly recommended my friends, made in Britain.

We visited on a Tuesday morning to avoid the busy times and were served within a few minutes of walking in.

I had my heart set on Bahn Riders, but due to a leg infection many years ago I have a fatter right calf, which was outside the scope of that model.

I was measured and bought Roadrunners, which cost £270 plus c & p.

I was given an approximate delivery date of 8/10 weeks, which was fine for me and accurate. One of the other guys waited a lot longer.

The boots are warm, dry and comfortable, it will take 3 or 4 years to determine if they are built as well as Daytona’s.

You will not be disappointed pal, just had my hog’s re-soled toe box increased by 2mm and swanky cushioned insoles fitted.
Don’t want to take em off.

Had mine 5 years and they are still brilliant, never been wet and always warm.

I have several pairs of Altbergs including hiking boots. They all have remained waterproof and durable and have lasted years. Best boots on the planet and Altberg service is legendary. Their best leather is Italian leather and I believe that some of their boots (including my Tethra boots) are indeed made in Italy. Richmond factory doesn't make the whole range as it once used to. If I ever change my boots again, it will be for Altbergs.

I find the Altberg range so clumpy they allow no feel for me at all through the pegs, I have two brand new pairs of Bahn riders that currently hold the fire doors open at work :blast

Well made they are without a doubt, and if there ever is a fire at work I am sure they will survive just fine :D

I've had my clubman classics resoled twice in 10 years and they are still going strong. I will cry when they eventually give up the ghost as they don't sell them any more, but suspect it will be many years before the uppers won't tolerate new soles and it becomes an issue.
Never had wet feet when riding with them and I can wear them all day with plenty of walking in total comfort.
I can't think of any reason I'd wear anything else.

You cant go wrong with Altbergs ... I still have a pair that was issued to me when on Traffic :bobby ( mid 90,s) to replace the old style leather cavalry type boots we used to have .. looked good but not in any way waterproof ! I had them resoled about 12 yrs ago and no I don,t wear them all day every day anymore but as you are about to find out they are warm dry and comfortable ... I honestly don,t think I will ever need to buy another pair of booties again. :D

I've just thrown a pair away - Hogg Lite I believe. Bought them in 2000. Not worn every day but always waterproof and comfortable. The lining had worn out at the heel. I'm sure Altberg could have repaired them.

A friend who bought his Altnergs at the same time has just bought a new pair, made from brown Italian leather. He's very happy with them, especially if they last as well as the originals. They'll outlast him!

+1 for Altberg. Been using their hiking boots for years (2nd pair). So comfy and supportive, great products and great company.

Took my GF there last year to get her new hiking boots. Whilst there i showed them my Altberg motorcycle boots (we took the bike) had a sole parting slightly (after at least 10 years!!!). They told me to send them back, and they did a FREE REPAIR! Great service after 10+ years of use.

A big fan!

Had my Altberg Hogg boots for years; got them 2nd. hand and, for a while, they were waterproof but, now not.
Quite a while ago i rang Altberg asking them if they will refurb them and got a very firm "no" in reply which surprised me tbh.
Anyway i still wear them even though i bought a pair of Forma boots (which have gone back under warranty as they leaked :blast)
and if it's raining put my Sealskinz on.

Had my Altberg Hogg boots for years; got them 2nd. hand and, for a while, they were waterproof but, now not.
Quite a while ago i rang Altberg asking them if they will refurb them and got a very firm "no" in reply which surprised me tbh.
Anyway i still wear them even though i bought a pair of Forma boots (which have gone back under warranty as they leaked :blast)
and if it's raining put my Sealskinz on.

They certainly stopped doing repairs a couple of years ago, but sounds like they have started again.

A few years back there was a series of wankers who thought a 40 quid refurb meant you get a new pair of boots. Dealing with such utter cockwombles was bound to stretch resources and patience to the limit, so it's not surprising if they stopped doing repairs.

Back
Top Bottom