MCN review of Harley Davidson Road Glide

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I keep looking at big Harleys and can't get on with frame mounted fairings but did chuckle at this MCN review.

"There’s tons of character too, but, if we’re being cold-hearted and clinical about things, there are other big tourers that go further on a tank, handle and suspend better, pull harder, and don’t look like Bender from Futurama."

Review here.

road-glide-ltd-1.jpg

cast_futurama_bender_0.jpg

RBW.

I've never cared for the looks of Tour Glide/Road Glide fairings myself either.

I love them “head on” ... it’s the “side” profile where it goes to rat shit...

Rat shit LOL. I've not ridden one of the M8 RG's but I rode a friends 2016 and the buffeting (probably from the windshield being so far out there) was horrible. And this was after he claimed to have improved it! It is a unique HD look though and am glad they incorporated an element of it in the new Pan America.

I much preferred the Street Glide to the Road Glide I rode a year ago. Nimbler and didn't look as much like a bathroom salesman's spray painted spare bathtub crossed with a 1950's sci fi comic strip.

Riding the GSA after the street glide which I was initially impressed by left me with the distinct impression that M8 or not, Harley have a few decades of catching up to do. Way too heavy, brakes still so so although suspension much improved over old models. Great initial and mid shove and much smoother but anaemic higher up so for all the cubes, they're still inefficient wheezy overweight lumps to me that can't compete on anything but looks if they appeal to you. They biggest sin they made is in killing off the best sounding air/oil cooled lumps. New one's just don't do it for me. After my last (2017) Harley ownership experience, not the most reliable of rides even compare with bmw...I won't ever be returning to Harley after the way they (didn't) look after the bike or my interests. The worst bike ownership experience I've had in 35 years...

....They biggest sin they made is in killing off the best sounding air/oil cooled lumps. New one's just don't do it for me.....

Yep the last of the great sound were the Shovelheads, aluminum just doesn't sound as good.

Back
Top Bottom