Extra Nav 6 voices

Mulcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I only have 5 "voices" available on my Nav 6, and only two of them include street names (the two larger files) so, basically, its down to a choice of two.

Garmin used to do extra voice files in the Garmin Garage along with different vehicle icons. Searched Garmin high and low and can't find the Garage anymore nor any extra voices.

Does anyone know where to get different voice files in the .vpn format?

Attachments

• Nav 6 voice files.png
    Nav 6 voice files.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 161
You could try here for info ............. https://www.lifewire.com/find-install-gps-voices-1683669

Although I like the idea of a Brian Blessed shouty voice, being a lazy git, I couldn't be bothered on the bike as I so rarely use the voice commands TBH. Usually the screen tells me all I need to know, without the voice command chipping in. Still, there has to be amusement at using the Garmin voice recorder to create your own custom instructions.

Interesting info thanks. Wasn’t looking for a novelty voice, though must confess to being tempted by the thought of some of Arnold’s catchphrases being incorporated into the instructions :)

I’m just wanting a man’s voice because they’re more distinct in high-noise environments. My favourite for years on my old Zumo 550 was the Daniel voice. Pity I can’t transfer it to the Nav 6 but it’s a different format I think.

I loaded Bonny Tyler's voice; now I'm lost in France...............:rob

Back
Top Bottom