Back up hard drive problem,

Noddy

Some sort of clique thing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
only used to store photos on, used to work on Windows and then iMack with no problems.

Now being a problem, can't read it on any computer its connected to, can hear it start up and hear it running but
no pictures showing up.

Anybody able to help please ?

can you see the hard drive in windows explorer or on a MAC in the finder? As in do you see an additional hard drive with nothing on it, or just hear a whining noise but no extra drive being registered? If so, try a different cable?

Go into 'disk management' (use the Winkey-X shortcut to find it easily) - can you see the disk there?

You may just need to reassign it a drive letter...

only used to store photos on, used to work on Windows and then iMack with no problems.

Now being a problem, can't read it on any computer its connected to, can hear it start up and hear it running but
no pictures showing up.

Anybody able to help please ?

Had the same problem today and used a newer lead which did the trick. USB leads seem to degrade rapidly as I've often found that as a solution

if in doubt, bring it to a professional. All your photos are on it. Don't mess about unless you know what you are doing. Trust me, computers go bad sometimes but can be saved. I had an issue at work there a few days ago. Stuff happens but don't gamble the photos.

Back
Top Bottom