Luggage budget for bike

wibblehx

Reaction score
Hi folks,
If I'm getting a R1200GS LC, what should I budget for full set of luggage? Nothing special just normal European touring so I dont think I need the giant aluminum boxes.
Having a quick look around there seems to be lots of options available and it seems that the original BMW vario panniers may be worth looking at?

Thanks

If you're travelling solo then you could probably get away with just the vario panniers and a waterproof roll bag. I have a full set of varios, I also have inner bags for the panniers and top box, but they take up room so you can't carry as much stuff. The main benefits of the vario system is a lack of scaffolding needed to mount them to and as the name suggests they extend so you have 2 choices size wise, the main drawback is that the panniers are side loading. I now don't use the inner bags anymore but take the panniers in to my hotel with me as they both mount and come off very easily via the mounting system. You might get a used set on here if you subscribe and advertise. If you're buying from a dealer they often have a spare set from a trade in available which again would save you money over new, failing that you could strike a deal with them as part of the sale for a new set.

Back
Top Bottom