A R100GS, living the dream!

Tone5

Reaction score
Greetings all
Why have I joined? It seems a friendly knowledgeable forum with a good amount of piss taking and...
As a student I owned an R80/7 and since parting ways with her* all bikes I've since owned have not seemed quite as good. So I've been looking for an opportunity to get another airhead. A GS has always been a much too expensive dream, until now because the house is paid for, so I've been able to find the funds to get a R100GS! And it's real and full size! Living the dream!:)
But she'll need some work to bring up to the top notch standard she deserves. So now I'm done with browsing this forum as an outsider and have joined.
Guess that makes me a Tosser, or is this esteemed title only granted after 100 helpful posts, or something?
Anyway, I'm sure I'll benefit from the masses of knowledge here and perhaps one day be able to add a scrap of my own learning to help someone else.
Cheers

* suspected burnt exhaust valve, which was too expensive for me to fix at the time:(

Welcome, my R100GS gives me a lot of satisfaction, simple bike, well made. I hope you will enjoy yours as much! A few photos would be no harm and subscription of GBP12 per annum is well worthwhile, I think.

Congrats and welcome! :beerjug:
If I ever got another BMW I reckon it'd be an R100GS "Bumblebee".
Enjoy!

Greetings & welcome to the forum.....enjoy the GS when it arrives & is fully fettled :D

Welcome, my R100GS gives me a lot of satisfaction, simple bike, well made. I hope you will enjoy yours as much! A few photos would be no harm and subscription of GBP12 per annum is well worthwhile, I think.

Hear, hear!
Quite agree with the above sentiments.:thumby:
(Although I’m waiting for mine to return from Mikeyboy at the mo’)

Hear, hear!
Quite agree with the above sentiments.:thumby:
(Although I’m waiting for mine to return from Mikeyboy at the mo’)

Wotcha getting done? And welcome Tone. The GS is my winter bike and increasingly the go to bike for it's light weight and bimble touring qualities.

Thanks for the welcome. I have the bike already and will upload pictures soon.

Wotcha getting done?
Nothing major, just some fixes I'm going to try resolve myself.
There's an electrical fault which causes the needle of the Speedo to flicker up and down intermittently (it's a GS2 Siebenrock).
The other day it cut out, possibly due to the same electrical issue above, then restarted and got me home with no further problems - a bit worrying.
The exhaust gives a popping sound when I close off the throttle.
Generally it does not seem to run as smoothly as my old R80/7.
And a few cosmetic touch-ups.
I'll have permission to get started once the dining room redecorating is complete.

Back
Top Bottom