Denali Smartcan and Soundbomb

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just finished fitting a Denali smartcan and Soundbomb to my F700GS (2017).
I also connected my Denali D2 spotlights to the smartcan using light set 2.
Initial testing with engine not running was fine and all worked as it should do, what a noise from the Soundbomb!!
On starting the engine the Soundbomb sounds constantly eek!
Stopped engine and checked all over and all looks well.
On further testing I also found out that with the engine stopped when you switch on main beam the Soundbomb sounds constantly.
I then disconnected the Soundbomb and everything checked out ok with engine stopped and running.
So I have the Soundbomb disconnected, original horn still connected (pathetic), I did have the Soundbomb wired correctly.
I wonder if anybody has any ideas before I get on the phone tomorrow.

I've got the Hexezcan system and on that you have to allocate the channel to what you want it to do so I'm guessing that maybe you haven't got it programmed correctly?

Thanks for the message.
On the Denali smartcan the leads are supplied and allocated for the two light channels, the oem horn, an aftermarket horn and an auxiliary brake light. So you do not have to do anything except fit the leads from the smartcan to the accessories. Its one of the reasons I chose the Denali over the ezCAN, costs more but I liked the setup!!
Cheers

Not sure about your bike, but on the RT, if you connect the sound bomb direct to the cansmart, you have to also have the standard horn connected due to can bus. If you want to disconnect the standard horn completely, you have to wire the horn with the separate harness and relay direct to the battery as if you don't have a cansmart. So maybe try having both connected to test the theory :)

I have a cansmart, but not a sound bomb, I swapped out my standard horn for a BMW 5 series low tone horn, which is a direct replacement and is way louder.

But I would contact Denali as they were very good with support when I contacted them.

Thanks for the message.
On the Denali smartcan the leads are supplied and allocated for the two light channels, the oem horn, an aftermarket horn and an auxiliary brake light. So you do not have to do anything except fit the leads from the smartcan to the accessories. Its one of the reasons I chose the Denali over the ezCAN, costs more but I liked the setup!!
Cheers

On my cansmart I only have 4 cables, light circuit a and b, horn and brake light. Give them a call

Thanks Casbar.
On the F series you have to have the OEM horn fitted if you plan to fit an aftermarket horn hence an extra cable from the cansmart (they call it a horn pass through harness).
If nothing comes to mind this morning then phone call to Denali.
Cheers

Phone and emails to R&G racing this morning (Denali supplier).
Now got to wait to hear from Denali in the states!!
Initial thoughts from R&G are possible cansmart problem.
Will update when I have more info.

Spoke to R&G and after consultation with Denali in the States it was deemed to be a fault with the cansmart.
A new unit was obtained from R&G, fitted to the bike and all tested correct.
Great customer service from R&G, highly recommended.
Denali stuff quite expensive so lets hope it lasts.

Back
Top Bottom