New Cork to Spain Route for 2020

Could be the EU getting it's 'Motorways of the Sea' idea into action at last.

It must have been getting on for 20 years in gestation so far, but I have to agree that the principle is good & doubtless Brexit will have focused a few minds.

Can't see it being financially viable..without some EU financial sweetener

Can't see it being financially viable..without some EU financial sweetener

It's already happening. There's a twice weekly service from Cork to Santander. Competition should be good.
No doubt, Brexit and changes to procedures re the landbridge through the UK make it, now, an attractive proposition.

It will also call to Plymouth. Not clear if the plan is to visit Plymouth and Cork on every crossing.
Spanish report here.
I'm not sure it's confirmed for certain just yet. But Grimaldi are a well established ferry company so that's encouraging.

thats great news, a tad long ( 28 hours ) but the price at 350 it's bloody cheap,, we paid 967 yo-yo's earlier this year , and it was't great, food wise it was crap,,,,,,

Got an email this morning saying that they are rerouting the economy sailings to Rosslare, refunds available if you're not happy with change or the offer of something to compensate for the extra journey time.

Got an email this morning saying that they are rerouting the economy sailings to Rosslare, refunds available if you're not happy with change or the offer of something to compensate for the extra journey time.

Is the destination now Bilbao?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was heading to Spain in May got same email , don’t mind out of Rosslare on way out but Ringaskiddy was perfect for return trip..

It looks as though I've confused my own thread. The changes I referred to were the Brittany ferries route to santander changing. The potential new route to Vigo, haven't seen anything about it since I first posted.

Back
Top Bottom