K1300S Drive shaft remove

trucker

Reaction score
K1300s 2011, 56k miles.
Hi, I need to remove the driveshaft on my K1300s. I have removed (lowered) the final drive and the driveshaft slides out from the swing arm for a couple of inches, but then something is stopping it sliding completely out..... do I just give it a good pull?....any ideas?

Also, there is slight 'notchiness' on the driveshaft rear uj when I swivel the knuckle through its axis's..... is a slight amount of notchiness acceptable?

Finally, when I rotate the final drive shaft by hand, which is now disconnected from the driveshaft, it makes a slightly rough sound, a bit like a 'scraping' kind of a sound, there are no oil leaks and there is no play in it. It has had oil changes during services.

Thanks

I think that there is a spring clip in a grove in the splined area of the drive shaft, which has to be overcome by a sharp pull on the drive shaft. A lever/large screwdriver through the UJ and against the final drive casing should do the trick.

Sounds like your UJ is showing wear, as well as a bearing in the bevel box. Why not talk to Mikeyboy of this parish - he is a dab hand with driveshafts, amongst other areas of expertise.

Thank you for your answers :okay.
I will investigate further.
Cheers

Heads up........To remove the driveshaft, It is necessary to release the bottom of the shock absorber so that you can raise the swing arm to a horizontal position......the driveshaft will then pull out...... the slight downward lean of the swingarm is enough to stop the DS from withdrawing

Back
Top Bottom