Kryptonite Stronghold bolts

Mulcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking for replacements for the shield anchor bolts for my Kryptonite Stronghold Security Anchor. When I moved house I had to leave the expanding part of the bolts behind in the concrete floor, so I still have the bolts themselves which are approx M10 x 70 (might be Imperial sized, haven’t tested yet) with a countersunk Allen head.

Anybody had any luck sourcing replacement Kryptonite items (can’t find anything on the web)?

I could go for non-Kryptonite items but am having trouble finding the right size with the countersunk Allen head, which I’m keen to stick with because after tightening them down you hammer a ball bearing into the head so they can’t be undone.

I think you need expanding anchors. Try a builder’s merchant, a proper one, not B&Q or Homebase or the like. You might have difficulty buying expanding anchors here that fit your original Kryptonite bolts though if the bolts are imperial sizes because UK construction industry uses metric sizes. Good luck

Question is how did he unscrew them if ball-bearings had been hammered into the hex socket? I was wondering about that last week, Oble's beat me to it!

Question is how did he unscrew them if ball-bearings had been hammered into the hex socket? I was wondering about that last week, Oble's beat me to it!

I only thought of that after I'd posted and could only assume he didn't have the balls.

. . . didn't have the balls.
:jes

Fortunately as it turned out, I’d actually only tapped them in place as a temporary visual deterrent because circumstances at the time meant I wasn’t sure I could keep it there for that long. So they weren’t that hard to remove. There is a way of removing the screws if the ball-bearings are fully banged-home but I’m not about to blab it on a public forum. If you Tossers ever do need to know then PM me.

I managed to get some conventional expanding shield-bolts and swapped out the hex-head bolts for the original Stronghold countersunk Allens which, fortunately, were metric sized whereas everything else in the Stronghold kit was Imperial.

Back
Top Bottom