Service

Billy Buell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an excellent independant in the Skipton area to service my 1250. I've done a search but can't find one around here.

Don't know one in the Skipton area, I've used and highly recommend Paul at

https://www.theworkshopyork.com/

Not local obviously but he's next to a park and ride for easy access into the city centre...and next to a garden centre with a decent cafe if you just wanted to wait while he did the service.

That looks interesting. Like you say not that local but 50 miles is ok for a good service and a good ride there and back. Thanks.

Billy Buell is about 100m outside Yorkshire.

No it's still yorkshire :D

Have rung Jefferies twice , told they were busy and they would get back to me but they obviously can't be arsed.
One of my pet hates is folk that can't return calls even when you want to give them your money.

Have rung Jefferies twice , told they were busy and they would get back to me but they obviously can't be arsed.
One of my pet hates is folk that can't return calls even when you want to give them your money.

OK, so the border got moved in 1975. :blast

I won’t be going back there for similar reasons, didn’t return a call because they weren’t selling me something. Spent £48k on brand new bikes there since 2011 but after that bought my last one from oxford bmw so fuck em.

There is a good independent guy Preston area, someone may know his details.

RGM is a great guy. You could also try Bowkers in Preston. They are about 5 miles nearer to you than RGM.

Completely get your point, that’s poor

But I would personally stick to main dealer whilst it’s in warranty, you know it will be BMWs get out of warranty free card. “Ohh! Wasn’t serviced by a main dealer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely get your point, that’s poor

But I would personally stick to main dealer whilst it’s in warranty, you know it will be BMWs get out of warranty free card. “Ohh! Wasn’t serviced by a main dealer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my only concern. I have always done my own servicing for the last 40 years even on new bikes but thought i would give it a try. Not a good start.

I personally would stick with a main dealer whilst in the warranty period.

As I understand it (and I stand to be corrected) the notion that you do not have to use authorised dealers for servicing is based on a law called EU Block Exemption. Unfortunately this did not apply to motorcycles although this

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2013/06/dealing-with-the-dealers/

is an interesting read.

Even if the EU Block Exemption does apply, will it if/when we leave the EU

Mike

Back
Top Bottom