F750GS seat - sore bum!

mikebike

Reaction score
Just back from a 1900 mile tour in France and Spain. Found the handling and braking were plenty good enough for me and the engine has enough grunt to pull you out of tight hairpin bends (in the Picos).

The problem I had was with sore bum / tops of legs due to the seat pushing me forward a bit. It was fine for several days, but after that I had to wear extra padding to make things bearable (not ideal in a hot country!).

Anyone had the same problem and how did you overcome it?

Expensive, I know, but I think Sargent Seats have one coming out for the F750GS?:mad:

You don't say if you have the standard seat or the comfort seat. I have a fitted Sheepskin cover from EasiRider company in Northampton over my comfort seat and it is all day comfy.

Standard seat, Stonehenge.

Have heard mixed comments about the 750 BMW Comfort Seat (though only good things about the BMW Comfort Seat for the previous F700 model).

Is the Comfort Seat flatter? Unfortunately for me, I know it's a bit taller too.

I hated the 700GS comfort seat. It only has a small seating area so forces you into one position, the steep step up to the rear seat digs into your backside and the foam is too soft so is useless for more than an hour. The Sargent seat has better foam but the cover is slippery and it pushes you into the (fake) tank. The 750GS comfort seat is much better than the stock seat - not perfect but good enough for a couple of hours. As Stonehenge says, get a sheepskin or airhawk for longer journeys and it should be fine.

Seats are like screens - there is no ideal solution for everyone. I took my 750GS on a 2500 mile trip to France and had no problem with (BMW low) seat comfort over 8 or 9 hour days for nearly 2 weeks.

Just back from a 1900 mile tour in France and Spain. Found the handling and braking were plenty good enough for me and the engine has enough grunt to pull you out of tight hairpin bends (in the Picos).

The problem I had was with sore bum / tops of legs due to the seat pushing me forward a bit. It was fine for several days, but after that I had to wear extra padding to make things bearable (not ideal in a hot country!).

Anyone had the same problem and how did you overcome it?

Expensive, I know, but I think Sargent Seats have one coming out for the F750GS?:mad:

Yes it is out and I picked the endure one and it is fine, much better than stock, maybe not as good a custom built.

Hmm it looks well-shaped, however I tend to sit back on the seat and there’s a noticeable lip and sharp corner towards the back of the rider seating area. This is the issue I’ve had with the two Sargent seats I had previously - that and they make the nose of the seat wider which reduces leg reach to the ground. For me the OEM comfort seat is just the right shape, but the foam could do with a little more support.

I have the EasiRider sheepskin cover in the for sale section. Will sort out your seat comfort once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom