2014 mac book pro screen replacement / repair

Interesting to know.

When I went back to Rome for xmas, my dad's 13" MacBook Pro's screen stopped working (the backlight).
It is a known fault of those laptops and Apple normally fixes it for free.

My father dropped the laptop a few times (dings here and there), so Apple is refusing to fix it free of charge. Might follow the route above. Thanks.

Try and get the serial number for his mac, you can put that into the website and it'll show you the correct parts. They also sell the tools but be specific with them that you want them as well as the screen. Also, my cat C screen is easily as good if not better than the screen it replaced.

Alas I don't think I'm covered. I bought the mac privately and didn't receive a purchase receipt from initial time of purchase. I've reached out to the lad who sold it to me but unless he has it, can give it to me and the date of purchase is within the last four years, I'm not covered. Maybe he will get back with details, seemed a decent chap but alas I'm back to square one. I might buy a second hand screen from an online shop. Seems to be a few doing the same sort of business model as motorworks. Still going to be 300 euro

Just had a similar problem opened boot of car it fell out so the case took a battering as well £930 to repair at Apple store, the laptop was won as a prize by my Son and I bought it so no receipt, the Co op where threatening not to pay out until I mentioned the F.O.S within 2 hrs I was offered Cash or repair sometimes worth pursuing,

I could have gone the insurance route. They were happy to pay out but decided the increase in premium was not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom