Oops!

Firestick

Reaction score
Well, popped into the dealership today for an annual service on my 2017 GS Rallye and left without it!

Couldn't resist the deal offered, both on PX and discount on this...

Not ridden one, but my feet touch the floor and I like it, so can't wait until next weekend when I collect.

There's me going for milk and coming back with a chippy tea.

Well, popped into the dealership today for an annual service on my 2017 GS Rallye and left without it!

Couldn't resist the deal offered, both on PX and discount on this...

Not ridden one, but my feet touch the floor and I like it, so can't wait until next weekend when I collect.

A sound choice Sir if I may say so, especially in the HP Colour scheme! :thumb

In an ideal world, you'd have been able to keep your Rallye as well. In that ideal world, I wouldn't have had to trade in my GSA AND my K1600GTLE for one either! :blast

Well, collected yesterday and found it to be a blast on the ride home!

Yes, there is some vibration 5-6,000rpm and surprisingly to the feet :confused: but overall, a really nice thing to ride. Strange engine note after years on various GS.

Farkle order list, omitting the ever recommended rad guard, is:

HP Levers
HP Front Foot Pegs
HP Pillion Foot Pegs

SW Motech Up & Back Risers (sexy black!)

Evotech Tail Tidy
EvoTech Bar Ends
EvoTech Crash Bobbins

The bar end weights should assist the vibration, as will the HP foot pegs. Initial comfort was good. Bar Risers certainly needed - felt immediately, as opposed to the Gs, where I had to experiment. My knees are a tad more bent, so the adjustable foot pegs should help that.

Levers are pretty crap I found. Clutch is non-adjustable. Nav cradle doesn't have a lock. Screen adjusts one click up/down, but two handed operation means not easy on the move.

Overall quality doesn't seem quite as good as a GS, but I was ready for a change and now looking forward to a few ride outs before the weather gets too bad.

You can fit the standard Lock used on the GS for the sat nav bracket. Does need a bit of fettling and being left a little loose to allow the bracket to rotate so you can get the key in but works fine.
Both mine and my wifes done took less than an hour to fit. Longest bit was coding the lock for the key!

Thanks for that.

In fairness, I'm currently thinking of ditching the nav altogether in favour of a handlebar mount, but good tip.

I've recoded locks before and found it quite therapeutic!

Well, collected yesterday and found it to be a blast on the ride home!

Yes, there is some vibration 5-6,000rpm and surprisingly to the feet :confused: but overall, a really nice thing to ride. Strange engine note after years on various GS.

Farkle order list, omitting the ever recommended rad guard, is:

HP Levers
HP Front Foot Pegs
HP Pillion Foot Pegs

Evotech Tail Tidy
EvoTech Bar Ends
EvoTech Crash Bobbins

The bar end weights should assist the vibration, as will the HP foot pegs. Initial comfort was good. Bar Risers certainly needed - felt immediately, as opposed to the Gs, where I had to experiment. My knees are a tad more bent, so the adjustable foot pegs should help that.

Levers are pretty crap I found. Clutch is non-adjustable. Nav cradle doesn't have a lock. Screen adjusts one click up/down, but two handed operation means not easy on the move.

Overall quality doesn't seem quite as good as a GS, but I was ready for a change and now looking forward to a few ride outs before the weather gets too bad.

my mate filled his handle bars with silicone to get rid of the vibration,and it worked

Fitted everything but the tail tidy today and have to say, pretty pleased with the outcome.

Decided to remove the extended rear rack and fit the pillion grab handles and leave the black bars for the time being. Couple of carbon parts on order will finish the look.

Now to get some more miles on it...

image url

I did the cradle upgrade to a locking mount it cost about £35 for the bits from Bmw dealer lovely bike and the best colour.

Thanks both.

Ten plus years on various GS/GSA, I wasn't sure I'd made the right choice, but considering the style of riding I do, a few adjustments/add-ons and a few miles today, I am settled that this is the best current bike for me.

All the farkles now added, fork reflectors removed and treated the bike to a G-Techniq ceramic coating to include all body panels, plastics, screen and seats.

Additions ended up as:

HP Levers
HP Front Foot Pegs
HP Pillion Foot Pegs

Evotech Tail Tidy
EvoTech Bar Ends
EvoTech Crash Bobbins
EvoTech Rad/Cooler Guard

Carbon rear hugger and fuel tank cover

Tracker

That sir is simply stunning!!!

The more i look at these the more i'm tempted away from my GS, i was due to take one out for a test ride on Sat but the rain was so heavy i canned it. Will hopefully get a ride out on one next weekend!!

That sir is simply stunning!!!

The more i look at these the more i'm tempted away from my GS, i was due to take one out for a test ride on Sat but the rain was so heavy i canned it. Will hopefully get a ride out on one next weekend!!

I did my first test ride in pouring rain, came back 2 hours later grinning like a fool and traded my GSA in on the spot. Only rode it so I could tell SWMBO how rubbish they are, had to get her one as well. She’s done & 18000 in 19 months that’s the 6k pcp gone to pot!!

Thanks both. Must admit I'm enjoying it so far.

I was a real sports bike fan until decided on day over a decade ago, they really weren't for me anymore, but couldn't be without a bike, so bought a GS. Many years later and half a dozen versions, I've had some great tours and seen places I wouldn't go to without a bike.

I'm no longer a regular Sunday ride out sort of person, nor an off-roader, so with touring the main focus, but maybe a little bored of the same bike, I wanted to add an edge a big touring bike wouldn't give me, so decided on the S1000.

There's no doubting I probably won't find it as comfy when batting out a 500 mile plus day, but I'm hoping it makes up for it in the mountains.

After all these years refusing, when she saw the bike wifey has hinted she may get on the back, which is the only downside!

That looks very nice. :thumb

Now you just need the Akra headrers, to get rid of the MASSIVE box underneath your bike, and you’ll be done. :D

Back
Top Bottom