Sproxton Camping Weekend 15/16/17 November 2019

Long range forecast says its going to be a tad chilly

It was saying lows of -3 Friday and Saturday, but that has been revised to 0c for the night but -1 in the evening

better get the thermals out then :)

Always seems to be a bit chilly when we hold these weekends.

The alcoholic fug in your tent will keep you warm.

RR ( Road Ride) Information.

We will leave the pub at Sproxton after breakfast. 10.00 hrs.
Ride as normal mostly B roads all tarmac, approximately 140 miles = 70 miles to lunch 70 miles after lunch.
There can be a petrol stop after approx 50 miles let me know before we set off, best to leave with a full tank.
Lunch will be at the Three Horseshoes, Goulceby, LN11 9WA, We hope to get there at approx 12.00
Ride will Finnish up back at the pub at Sproxton.
Derek will be tail end charlie and if everyone makes sure they can see the person behind then no one gets lost and it controls the pace.
Landlord / Chef says he would appreciate knowing what people would like to eat so if you can look on line at the menu or see me at the breakfast I will have a menu with me and I can contact him before we set off. Note, He is not doing either of the burgers on the menu.

RR ( Road Ride) Information.

We will leave the pub at Sproxton after breakfast. 10.00 hrs.
Ride as normal mostly B roads all tarmac, approximately 140 miles = 70 miles to lunch 70 miles after lunch.
There can be a petrol stop after approx 50 miles let me know before we set off, best to leave with a full tank.
Lunch will be at the Three Horseshoes, Goulceby, LN11 9WA, We hope to get there at approx 12.00
Ride will Finnish up back at the pub at Sproxton.
Derek will be tail end charlie and if everyone makes sure they can see the person behind then no one gets lost and it controls the pace.
Landlord / Chef says he would appreciate knowing what people would like to eat so if you can look on line at the menu or see me at the breakfast I will have a menu with me and I can contact him before we set off. Note, He is not doing either of the burgers on the menu.

Just looked, i cant see a menu online??

cc3fb2f8cefd78b5205971bc4ac967ee.jpg

Will this do?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Gerry.
He also gave me another sheet with pizza and a full list of starters.
I will give you a copy so that you can post it on here.

The Green Lane route has been planned and will be led by Harv.

I believe it to be weather and flooding appropriate after the recent downpours. Parts of the original route that Harv planned may well be submerged as I type.

Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any dietary requirements as I will be notifying the pub of numbers tomorrow evening.

Green lane ride will be starting from the Cricket Club pavilion at around 10.00am on Saturday.

When do you need to know what we want to eat?

Are they novel quisine portions or bikermate portions ? ;)

We had fish and chips last time we were there and it was very good. Quality and portion.

Back
Top Bottom