Innovv k2

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Cant find it now, but someone posted about ferrite cores for use on the k2 camera cables. Were they 5mm ones ? cant remember. Ta, Del

So thats both the K2 and the ferrite cores ordered. Be a nice little job to do once i can get a gen2 ezCan. Will do it all at the same time.:augie:D

I assume the ferrite cores are fitted to each camera cable ... but how many on each? Also about to order a K2.

I assume the ferrite cores are fitted to each camera cable ... but how many on each? Also about to order a K2.

Some have fitted four on each camera lead, others none ! Seems to make a difference how you route the camera cables. Ive ordered a pack of ten 5mm core’s for less than four quid its a no brainer to fit them anyway i think. My K2 arrived this week however I’m fitting other stuff so will wait till it arrives before i fit it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for jumping in and going off on a tangent. When fitting the K2 did you you route the power via a Fuzeblock or similar? If yes, is the yellow cable redundant, if not, to what is this connected? Many thanks.

Apologies for jumping in and going off on a tangent. When fitting the K2 did you you route the power via a Fuzeblock or similar? If yes, is the yellow cable redundant, if not, to what is this connected? Many thanks.
Ah! I think I know the answer to that as I finally fitted my K2 last weekend and wired it into a PDM60, thinking that I then wouldn't need the yellow ignition trigger wire. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. I can turn it on with the button on the innovv box but it's not starting spontaneously. So I will wire the yellow lead to an ignition trigger this weekend. Pretty sure that will sort it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you both, sadly the following will highlight my ignorance; what and where is the easiest accessible switched live to be found and what is the best means of attaching the yellow cable to it (hopefully soldering is not an option or I'm screwed)?

Thank you both, sadly the following will highlight my ignorance; what and where is the easiest accessible switched live to be found and what is the best means of attaching the yellow cable to it (hopefully soldering is not an option or I'm screwed)?

That is a very good question. I went for the tail light - it involved removing it, which is a bit of a fiddle. With a multi-meter you can then work out which of the leads is live with the ignition on - from memory (not very reliable anymore) it was the one nearest the right hand side as you look at the bike from the back.

Absolutely buy positaps and posilocks (pretty sure the next thread helps you there) as they are by far the easiest way to tap into a wire.

It's fiddly but I'm not a professional mechanic and I could do it...just work slowly and have fun pinging off the clips that hold the back light on - finding them in the recesses of your garage is a giggle... Even more fun trying to put them back on again...

Sorry - you can buy posi-taps and posi-locks from Amazon and other places - the red size (small) should be fine (grey bottoms for the taps and all one colour for the locks)

Check out YouTube. To the best of my recollection the same pickup point for switched live is used by both The Missenden Flyer for a Wunderlich heated seat and Teapot1 for a K1 Innovv.

Back
Top Bottom