SECURE ACCOMMODATION NEAR RIEMS NORTHERN FRANCE

When I retire I might open a chain of disused prisons around France and other parts of Europe .
I’ll call it Own Gaol .
There’ll be ultra secure parking for £15k steeds.
The on-site restaurant will only serve

Pate de Campagne with bread

Steak et FRITZ

Mousse au chocolat

All collected at once and eaten off a tray.

Lights out 2230.

€60 per night .

Any takers ?

Bravo, good idea

I must admit, Europe seem to be far more secure than the Great Blighty. 10 days I spent over on the other side of the channel. Not once was I worried about my bike. Where secure parking was provided, I took the opportunity to park up. If there wasn’t, so what? Bring the lock and use it. I did, used it once, I kept forgetting to the rest of time.

Alternatively if you still bothered, use this place. No restaurant on site other than breakfast option. Wife and I stayed there last year, two bikes, gate closes at 2100 IIRC. Tram line 5 minute walk to the stop and takes you to the heart of the city (We dined at the restaurant next to the cathedral). Good and quick access to back roads to the south, or Autoroute if you in the hurry to escape thieving bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I retire I might open a chain of disused prisons around France and other parts of Europe .
I’ll call it Own Gaol .
There’ll be ultra secure parking for £15k steeds.
The on-site restaurant will only serve

Pate de Campagne with bread

Steak et FRITZ

Mousse au chocolat

All collected at once and eaten off a tray.

Lights out 2230.

€60 per night .

Any takers ?

Just found my first property

Awesome.
Got any routes with 138mph bends?

I must admit, Europe seem to be far more secure than the Great Blighty.

In reality it is not.
As usual – depends a lot where you are.

As said above, I'd generally garage the bike in any medium/big city, if the option is available.

Also, I'd always lock the bike, wherever. It might be some type of "imprinting" I've had growing up. But the UK is one of the few places where I've seen people parking their bikes with just the steering lock. :D

In reality it is not.

As said above, I'd generally garage the bike in any medium/big city, if the option is available.

Also, I'd always lock the bike, wherever. It might be some type of "imprinting" I've had growing up. But the UK is one of the few places where I've seen people parking their bikes with just the steering lock. :D

I tend to avoid big cities when away on the bike . Would rather stay in a mountain village or by a beach .

In reality it is not.

What is the point of visiting big city if you are on a 2-3k mile road trip over 7-10 days. I bloody struggled to stop for a minute and breath fresh mountain air let alone take a stroll through the city. But that’s a story for another time.

I tend to avoid big cities when away on the bike .

What is the point of visiting big city if you are on a 2-3k mile road trip over 7-10 days.

Completely agree.
I was going to add that :)
But it might happen as well.

Generally, in the past years, while traveling by bike visiting Spain/Portugal – it obviously happens when stopping in Barcelona, Porto, Lisbon, Madrid.

Nowadays I mainly stop in big-ish cities when traveling between London/Rome (I do that a fair bit on the motorbike). Generally along my route I stop in Dijon and, more than a few times, I stopped in Milan visiting friends, etc. But finding a garage or parking is extremely easy.
But – yes – otherwise I'd happily stay clear of cities.

I use the GS for non strictly recreational travels as well sometimes. And you might end up in places here and there where you'd prefer to garage it.

Chalons-en-champagne not far from Reims great hotel is Pasteur stay there about 6times a year on business and great little town with good restaurants. Also Epernay not far from Reims is gorgeous may be more expensive, can't recommend hotel but restaurants are good and people friendly - i can't speak a word of French but survive well....

Ibis in chalons ok and secure underground parking.

Give the OP a break. It was an innocent question and France isn’t the crime free haven for bikers that some would have us believe:

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/uk-far-worst-motorcycle-theft/

I go to France several times a year and given a choice I’d always park a bike ‘securely’ in a city, Reims included. Put your steal tipped Daytona’s away:p

we visited Reims last year while we were in the Ardennes, Nice place to visit. Why not stay outside the town ,some 10 miles or so away, Its cheaper and theres less chance of bike theft/damage/falling over, etc etc , or what ever it is you are worried about

What is the point of visiting big city if you are on a 2-3k mile road trip over 7-10 days. I bloody struggled to stop for a minute and breath fresh mountain air let alone take a stroll through the city. But that’s a story for another time.

He doesn’t want to stay in Reims..... he wants to stay NEAR Reims...

The title of the thread is:
SECURE ACCOMMODATION NEAR RIEMS (sic) NORTHERN FRANCE

DC, you need to suggest him somewhere secure, say at your 10 mile distance from Reims. That’s most possibly what he is asking for.

Don’t rush, he’s got until next year to find the accommodation that suits him and / or to change his mind and plans completely.

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. https://www.hotel-azur-reims.com/en/

Fairly basic, but very friendly and clean. Secure parking just round the corner for an extra 10 Euros. 10 minute walk from the Cathedral and plenty of food and drink options nearby.

I discovered afterwards they make the Lonely Planet entry for accommodation in Reims.

Back
Top Bottom