SECURE ACCOMMODATION NEAR RIEMS NORTHERN FRANCE

we visited Reims last year while we were in the Ardennes, Nice place to visit. Why not stay outside the town ,some 10 miles or so away, Its cheaper and theres less chance of bike theft/damage/falling over, etc etc , or what ever it is you are worried about

Secure enough ?

WTF is it with GS owners and bikermate friendly secure accommodation bollox ???

when you pay in excess of 15k for a bike its only right you take care of it .Having had the experience I had in Scotland and hearing the same stories in France WHY wouldn't you look for secure accommodation

when you pay in excess of 15k for a bike its only right you take care of it .Having had the experience I had in Scotland and hearing the same stories in France WHY wouldn't you look for secure accommodation

I’ve never locked my bike in 30 years of riding in France. Scotland is a different matter but you weren’t talking about Scotland

Just how ‘secure’ do you want it to be?

Run by Brits, so not those nasty foreigners.

http://www.bikersbedsfrance.uk/

I have never stayed there but several on this site have.

Do not forget the pound of butter in the fridge.

PS What are the stories you have heard in France?

I don't have any suggestions for the OP regarding secure hotels (in 30 years living in France I never gave it a thought), but I do think he/she will enjoy their trip a lot more if they were to chill the fcuk out.

The bike is far more likely to be nicked from your garage or place of work than from a hotel where you're staying for a single night.
Relax, enjoy the wonderful roads, the good food and a soft bed. Your bike will still be there in the morning.

To be fair I'd be inclined to avoid leaving a new-ish GS on the street in any bigger city in Europe, where possible, as well.

Anyway, most Ibis hotels (if staying for one night, usually a good choice) have parking garage facilities and you can filter them on their website.
And most times they don't charge for parking a motorbike as well.

When I retire I might open a chain of disused prisons around France and other parts of Europe .
I’ll call it Own Gaol .
There’ll be ultra secure parking for £15k steeds.
The on-site restaurant will only serve

Pate de Campagne with bread

Steak et FRITZ

Mousse au chocolat

All collected at once and eaten off a tray.

Lights out 2230.

€60 per night .

Any takers ?

Just found my first property

Back
Top Bottom