Gearbox Gaiter Replacement (and rear disk while we are at it!)

Rear Mudsling worth considering. Better back end protection

Hmm.....(googles). Those do look rather good and fit for purpose. Lots of money for a bit of ABS though.

Still....I'll add one to the list for when I have disposable cash.

I made something similar for my newest Harley with a bit of rubber sheet for about a fiver. Sadly, I don't think the same approach will work as well on the GS.

Just as a footnote, I took the bike out for 100ish miles today and it all worked perfectly. The back end actually feels quite a lot better - which is probably due to the shock rebuild. Seems to be a bit stiffer and feels like it grips the road a bit better. Could all be subjective though....

I have used an o-ring in place of the fibre "shim" in the past to get me going. The needle bearing seems to outlast the deep groove ball bearing on the other side by a factor of 2 or 3 to one for me anyway, there are no proper seals for the ball bearing it relies only on its own dust seal not really good enough, so it may be a good idea to plug up the void behind the plastic cap with waterproof grease just as a little extra water barrier. Good little thread there OP thank you.

Back
Top Bottom