Paint Code : Beak and Tank Cover

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Could you help please?

Does anybody know the black paint code for a 2017 R1200GSA Triple Black beak and tank cover plastics?

And what the black paint name is?

Cheers :thumb2

Attachments

• Paint Code.jpg
    Paint Code.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 500
The paint name and code is usually shown on the oem parts diagrams. There a quite a few online sites that show parts lists etc. I used one called real oem to get my wheel paint code

The paint name and code is usually shown on the oem parts diagrams. There a quite a few online sites that show parts lists etc. I used one called real oem to get my wheel paint code

Perfect thank you :thumb2

Color mixture code:-

M46 black storm metallic paint

The paint code for the GSA is WN1H - Triple Black, Black Storm Metallic.

If you search the internet you come across other paint codes for Black Storm: M46 as you mention, but also ND2.

[edit] looking at the BMW ETK I see that the paint code is indeed M46.
45vA2ff.jpg

Inspired by this video, I noticed particularly that the owner had painted the rear rack carrier, Storm Metallic Black. Like the front fuel tank cover and beak. (although it looks like he's painted it himself as it doesn't seem to have a gloss lacquer finish, which mine will have).

So I'm getting this done now as well. The silver rear rack carrier doesn't match the rest of the bike. So I took it off today, and it's gone to the painters.

Should be back end of next week. In the meantime, the bike has been cleaned and tidied up, had a new rear tyre, it's 18000 mile service and the new Titanium Headers should be fitted this week. :thumb2:thumb2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9-THYXvR2I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Storm Metallic.jpg
    Storm Metallic.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Storm Metallic1.jpg
    Storm Metallic1.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 365
I've gone with the gloss finish like on the fuel tank cover in this picture.

Attachments

• Storm Metallic2.jpg
    Storm Metallic2.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 403
Paintshop called this morning and said it'll be finished later today for collection tomorrow or Friday :cool:

Back
Top Bottom