HP2 new to me

Dorsal Fin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Put a deposit down on this, get it later this week, yummy!

Attachments

• HP2.jpg
    HP2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 536
  • HP2-2.jpg
    HP2-2.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 514
Very nice!

Make sure you get the original mirrors with it, too. (which are useless in operation)

How many miles on it?

amazing bike, a keeper

So you’re the one! Just beat me to it! Second HP2 i have missed in the last week ☹️

Looks like you got a cracking deal there ��

��
This was meant to be a thumbs up but didn't come out that way?

So you’re the one! Just beat me to it! Second HP2 i have missed in the last week ☹️

Looks like you got a cracking deal there ��

It is a corker, the seller a gent also, I've been looking for one for ages and as it was only 15 miles away from me ...... will look nice next to my R9T ;)

There was two at Allan Jeffries last Saturday one is a Motorsport !

The white one has been for sale there for quite a while now but cant see a motorsport listed? Was hoping to pop in their today on the way back from Scotland but ran out of time.

Nobody asked how much he spent on it? Cue: Must have been a steal, I’d have bitten their hand off for that....

Congrats. Great bike.

Did you also get the original screen?
From what I see the one on the bike at the moment should be the MRA one.

More than 12k but less than 14k .....

That’s disappointing.................. :blast

I was hoping they were up above £15k for a 6thousand miler..............

Wait ‘til you try it out on the open road - pull your arms off! :D

Yes it comes with the original screen.

Cool.
Enjoy the bike.
Keep an eye on the plate holder. If it has been fiddled with (removed, etc.) the screws where it attaches to the tail develop the tendency to loosen up.

Cool.
Enjoy the bike.
Keep an eye on the plate holder. If it has been fiddled with (removed, etc.) the screws where it attaches to the tail develop the tendency to loosen up.

I backed mine up with nyloc nuts, when I bought it. Most of the time - I run it sans-bellypan too.

I backed mine up with nyloc nuts, when I bought it.

Hmm... where/how?

I use the HP2 mostly on track (but generally ride there) so I take the tail off quite often.
I now reached the point where I can only do a few miles on the road before it gets loose again. I have to get a new plate as last time I used it on the road for a quick jaunt towards Essex, it got loose and the plate scrubbed on the rear tyre.

Everytime I put it back together I apply a little bit of blue Loctite and torque them... but to no avail.
I have a new set of original screws to try now, but I'd be happy to find better solutions. I tried to use quick release screws, but it wasn't functional.

update: ah ok, I understand now – I didn't know those were called nyloc nuts :)

Back
Top Bottom