Vehicle Insurance...Bang to rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 230523001

Reaction score
......I had to claim on my motorcycle policy in 2018, Harley written off etc.
Anyways, I told the car/truck insurance people when I renewed last year, as you have to apparently, so they immediatly loaded my policy with an extra £70.00, I protested it was a motorcycle and not a car/truck, but they went ahead.
Renewal time again right now and I was stunned at the increase, so took them to task on the increase and why and mentioned that last year the premiums increased because I mentioned the motorcycle thing and how I felt I had been the victim of a fraudulant action by them and how I was considering taking it up with the financial ombudsmen......I was on hold while she went to ask people who know these things:blast

Turns out they should never have loaded my policy and that it will all need re-working now and I will be having a refund, so this means they cannot give me a renewal price, but would I like to go ahead anyways:rolleyes:

I also mentioned to them that my Motorhome insurance was not affected by the motorcycle claim and that was the main reason for getting all into it.

All things considered, insurance companies are the worst scum of the worst scum and will think nothing of profiteering at the expense of anything or anyone, even at a time when you may be vulnerable. I decided not to renew and told them I was fed up with the whole industry and the sharp practices they concern themselves with and how I hoped the conversation was being recorded because I was clearly in need of some kind of legal protection from these sharks.

In conclusion, fuck them, fuck the horses they so gallantly rode in on and fuck all their families with the hex of an early death upon their youngest offspring.

Did the robbing scum cough for your damaged Harley and for any damage to any third party involved?

As to the rest? Chimps, the lot of them.

Did the robbing scum cough for your damaged Harley and for any damage to any third party involved?

As to the rest? Chimps, the lot of them.

Indeed they did and I was happy, however I had to ensure they gave me a market value by asking them to buy me the same bike for what they offered me in the first instance, they could not, so I insisted they gave me the real time market value by checking autotrader and e bay whilst I was stood there with them, if I had not done that, then the original offer would have been low, so on reflection, it is only because I am used to negotiating that I got a fair settlement for a service I had already paid for.….I wonder how many get "stiffed" by the scum sucking immoral hyenas scrotums.

They tried it on with me at renewal time. I was involved in a accident on my bike last December. 3rd party’s Insurance accepted 100% liability and payed for my bike to be fixed €5500 ish. My premium went up by €200. I questioned this and was told that because I had a accident the price had to go up. I explained that it wasn’t my fault that the other side had payed up and I was a victim and that they were victimising me again for something that wasn’t my fault. I got a new quote €200 cheaper. Fight fight fight. JJH

I made an on the spot decision and swapped my bike on Saturday. Rang insurers to change (a month into renewal) and they wouldn't cover the new bike.

Paid £250, returned just over a hundred quid - why - not a fecking clue, nor offered a fair explanation. Covered elsewhere and will never return - but are they even arsed?!

They tried it on with me at renewal time. I was involved in a accident on my bike last December. 3rd party’s Insurance accepted 100% liability and payed for my bike to be fixed €5500 ish. My premium went up by €200. I questioned this and was told that because I had a accident the price had to go up. I explained that it wasn’t my fault that the other side had payed up and I was a victim and that they were victimising me again for something that wasn’t my fault. I got a new quote €200 cheaper. Fight fight fight. JJH
All well and good, but from an actuarial point of view if you’ve had an accident then the probability of you having another are higher regardless of whether it was your fault or not.

All well and good, but from an actuarial point of view if you’ve had an accident then the probability of you having another are higher regardless of whether it was your fault or not.

I was 100% at fault but it should not have affected my car/truck insurance.....I was on a motorcycle, not in a car/truck. You cannot use your no claims across different vehicles, so why should they apply the increase cost across all policies? They cannot, that is the answer.

I was 100% at fault but it should not have affected my car/truck insurance.....I was on a motorcycle, not in a car/truck. You cannot use your no claims across different vehicles, so why should they apply the increase cost across all policies? They cannot, that is the answer.
Because if you have an accident it increases the probability of you having another.

Because if you have an accident it increases the probability of you having another.

Only in the eyes of the insurance company.
Surely if you have had an accident you are a damn sight more careful when driving so it doesn't happen again, no matter whose fault it was.

Only in the eyes of the insurance company.
Surely if you have had an accident you are a damn sight more careful when driving so it doesn't happen again, no matter whose fault it was.
You’d like to think. In practice, insurance tend to base their underwriting on facts rather than supposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom