HP2 Sport Wanted

colin72blue

Reaction score
If anyone has an HP2 sport for sale or knows of any let me know

Preferably low mileage and motorsport colours but will look at others. Must be a UK bike though

Looking in the usual places already (ebay, autotrader, MCN) but only one motorsport one for sale and its about 17k miles

Couple of nice standard colour ones around though

Check Bahnstormers, they usually have a nice collection of HPs.

Do you have an HP2S too?
I'd have a couple of questions, but we can move to another thread probably.

Is the ABS a worthwhile option? Have a few i am considering but a mix of abs and non abs

Yes it is.
As on any 1200 of that age, you can disable it.

Keep in mind it is a standard road ABS system. Not like the ones later used on the S1000.

The nicest of the ones i am looking at doesn't have it unfortunately but in saying that the bike is purely a weekend toy for nice dry sunny days

Is it the same as the R1200S abs?

Literally just spoken to a friend who had one and wasn't that impressed by it and wouldn't miss it. Did about 40k miles on that bike in all weathers

I did over 50,000 miles on 2 GSA1200 and never had the ABS cut in - once.

Lack of ABS on an HP2 wouldn’t put me off.

Yes, it is the same ABS.
I see no fault with it.

My HP2 does 80% track use. I am not fast by any standard, but I ride it on track with ABS on, and it kicked in just a couple of times under very heavy breaking.
Again, it can be disabled when you want/need.

I wanted mine with the ABS, especially for road use.
But, agree with Blackal, without a choice I wouldn't mind one without.

Still looking. Very few private ones for sale?

Have my eye on a couple but the best of them hasn’t been on the road for 8 years so needs a full service and tyres and is already on the limit of my budget

Search is over finally. Deposit placed. Should get it the week after next and cant wait to ride it. Weather permitting

Would be interested in any HP2 meets or rides in the South East next year when the winter is over

Back
Top Bottom