16k Service

Davey B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought the Haynes manual and having had issues with main dealers not doing everything they're supposed to do figured I'd have a go at the 16k on my 67 AT. Now out of warranty so that isn't an issue anymore.
Oil and Filter for starters. Easy right ?
The mongy main dealer who did the 8k service 10 months ago tightened everything with their in store gorilla.
One of the 3 sumpguard bolts was a bastard to remove...only done by drilling and using a bolt extractor. oil drained OK, DCT clutch filter swapped so now onto the oil filter. Bought a genuine Honda one that came with the correct sized filter removal 'socket'. 22nm is the torque for the oil filter. The monkey may have misread it as 122nm when installing it? It didn't come off as the pic below shows......so I'm off to get a chain whip to try that. (And I'm i'm also going to look at what else they should have done on the 8k to see what other joys await me...:mad:)

48863789638_ea6133221a_b.jpg

Yes, they are monkeys.

I'd rather fuck it up myself, and have been doing my own maintenance for 20 years now for this very reason.

.... and if you have a high performance car, they like to rape that too given the chance.

Bastards.

Back
Top Bottom