Bleeding / replacing clutch fluid (TC)

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible / advisable to replace the clutch fluid in the same manner as brake fluid? I.e. From the top, using gravity, the clutch lever and topping up the reservoir?

I've seen a ref to using a syringe from the clutch end.

(I know not to use brake fluid!) :;)

using a third pair of hands - hold the slave cylinder back completely against its spring pressure, now bleed the clutch to remove air, top up the reservoir and slowly release the slave cyl, job done

other means and ways exist, this one worked well and as I had it off the back of the bike seemed far more sensible than fighting air

If just replacing old fluid with new bleed in the normal way. If filling from dry push in and clamp slave piston then pump fluid through or fill from slave cylinder with syringe.

If just replacing old fluid with new bleed in the normal way. If filling from dry push in and clamp slave piston then pump fluid through or fill from slave cylinder with syringe.

The oracle has spoken! Thanks Neil. By “normal way”, I assume you mean what I said re gravity, filling from the reservoir and bleeding from the slave cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The oracle has spoken! Thanks Neil. By “normal way”, I assume you mean what I said re gravity, filling from the reservoir and bleeding from the slave cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleed in the usual standard way, Pump the clutch/brake lever while opening and closing the slave cylinder bleed nipple at the appropriate times. Be careful when doing the 1200 clutch because the reservoir doesn't hold much so needs to be continually topped up.

Bleed in the usual standard way, Pump the clutch/brake lever while opening and closing the slave cylinder bleed nipple at the appropriate times. Be careful when doing the 1200 clutch because the reservoir doesn't hold much so needs to be continually topped up.

:bow Cheers Neil. :thumb

Thanks, this was helpful. Did the job this eve exactly this way and was quick and easy. Left reservoir high after bleeding so when slave cylinder spring extended the reservoir dropped to more appropriate level

Just removed about 12c c of mine and it's green! looked pretty clean though.

I think green was the first early fluid (or someones filled it with Citroen LHM fluid).

Then it went blue, then pink. You can use a different colour fluid but don't just add it to the current colour fluid , you must flush it through so it's all the same colour, if you get what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom