Aerostich Darien vs AD1 gear.

Two wheels good

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Aerostich Darien vs AD1 gear.

I want some gear suitable for hot weather but still adaptable with layering for the cold trek to get to the sun.
Having relied on my (now leaky) Roadcrafter for so long I naturally think of Aerostich gear - but I want two-piece.

Are there any riders with experience with the Darien or AD1 suits? I'd be grateful for your views on the gear e.g. comfort, armour, venting, suitability for high summer.
Any comments on the sizing - does it match your other gear/clothing? (I'm aware of the sizing tool but Aero. sent me one-piece sizing recommendations).
I'm not looking to wear the Darien trs over my own trousers - as I would with the Roadcrafter.
Is the full length zip an unnecessary feature on a standard trousers?

I'm focusing on the trousers initially 'cos I could make do with my old BMW jacket but comments about the Jkts are welcome too
The Darien trousers seems more suitable because it's a more relaxed fit, waist is a bit higher - from what I read.
One downside I see is the velcro sealed pockets on the trousers instead of zipped. (But then the roadcrafter pockets aren't zipped either).
Thanks for your views.

Too many words? Who has the time or the attention span these days.

But for next time I've learned the effective approach is :
"Oi! Darien trousers! Who has one! ..... Talk to me! "

I've found stacks of discussion over on advrider. A more obvious source really. Maybe close this thread?

Don’t see many of these suits out there. I use the roadcrafter which works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom