Joining the GS Team - Hopefully!

Popinman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all.

Long time biker, with a history of sports bikes, sports tourers, last two bikes have been a Ducati Multi 1200, currently a Kawasaki Z1000sx, but am looking to buy a GS1200 Rallye any day now!

I took a new 1250 out a week ago, my first GS ride ever! and now "get it", and want one now :)

I commute 50+ miles a day when I can, try to do several UK tours a year, and this year had a long weekend flying into Nice, hiring a Ducati Monster, and spent 4 days seeing the sights of the south of France and Col mountain roads - it was mind blowing, and one of the reasons for me wanting a GS, I want to see more of Europe on two wheels.....

I'd welcome any advice on the buying process, best "extras" to buy (immediately looking at buying the Nav6 and some form of engine case protection - ideally not bars), so be good to get involved in the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help and support.

Popinman :)

Hi all.

Long time biker, with a history of sports bikes, sports tourers, last two bikes have been a Ducati Multi 1200, currently a Kawasaki Z1000sx, but am looking to buy a GS1200 Rallye any day now!

I took a new 1250 out a week ago, my first GS ride ever! and now "get it", and want one now :)

I commute 50+ miles a day when I can, try to do several UK tours a year, and this year had a long weekend flying into Nice, hiring a Ducati Monster, and spent 4 days seeing the sights of the south of France and Col mountain roads - it was mind blowing, and one of the reasons for me wanting a GS, I want to see more of Europe on two wheels.....

I'd welcome any advice on the buying process, best "extras" to buy (immediately looking at buying the Nav6 and some form of engine case protection - ideally not bars), so be good to get involved in the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help and support.

Popinman :)

Hi Popinman

Can't really help with what extras to get as I have a 1250 GSA which comes with just about everything anyway

Am just wondering why you don't fancy touring on the Z100sx, I was thinking about buying one of them last year and had a couple of test rides, thought it was a great bike, especially when you consider the price.
In the end though I fell in love with the new 1250, along with the Rallye paint scheme

As I mainly use a bike for touring the Kawasaki for me was a little bit of a compromise ie, chain drive, comfort, cruise control.
How do you rate the Kawasaki for doing any distance on?

Oh! And welcome to the forum

Hi Popinman

Can't really help with what extras to get as I have a 1250 GSA which comes with just about everything anyway

Am just wondering why you don't fancy touring on the Z100sx, I was thinking about buying one of them last year and had a couple of test rides, thought it was a great bike, especially when you consider the price.
In the end though I fell in love with the new 1250, along with the Rallye paint scheme

As I mainly use a bike for touring the Kawasaki for me was a little bit of a compromise ie, chain drive, comfort, cruise control.
How do you rate the Kawasaki for doing any distance on?

Oh! And welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome Delamitri.

The Z is a great bike but primarily for me I want the GS for added comfort (seat, legs, arms, general riding position), cruise control (never thought I'd say that!) and just want more room/space. All couple with me fast approaching 50, it's just time for a change :D

Greetings & welcome to the forum......:thumb

A search through the 1200/1250 section will enlighten you re: all the farkles available....be prepared to empty your wallet!! :D

Must haves - IMO

Mudguard extender front
Frame in fill panels

Useful nice to haves

Corbin seat
Givi touring screen
Givi hand guard extenders

A larger credit card limit

Thanks for the welcome Delamitri.

The Z is a great bike but primarily for me I want the GS for added comfort (seat, legs, arms, general riding position), cruise control (never thought I'd say that!) and just want more room/space. All couple with me fast approaching 50, it's just time for a change :D

Most seem to put a mudsling and fender extender on, I have on all my previous GSes. Some sort of front light protection too as they cost a fortune to replace

Cruise control is awesome if you wanna do some miles, wouldn't be without it now

Have a look at Nippy Normans website, everything you'll ever need on there, and a lot you don't need but just want

Thanks all, really appreciate your help and suggestions. GS now mine, so role on the miles!

Welcome, bought my 1250gs in November and had engine bars fitted as well as a tracker. Best money was the tracker, as i would now be bikeless after my bike was was stollen from a car park in France, got the bike back less than an hour later. No damage luckily.

Welcome, bought my 1250gs in November and had engine bars fitted as well as a tracker. Best money was the tracker, as i would now be bikeless after my bike was was stollen from a car park in France, got the bike back less than an hour later. No damage luckily.

Result there getting her back! Thanks for your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom