Pico's in November

Slime Bomb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone been in November on bike and camping? I can't seem to find any campsites that are open all year round and don't want to stay in hotels.

Given the Picos are mountains I would think it's a fair guess they are all closed due weather...but no doubt someone knowledgeable will be along shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been up there in November?! Or even late September. Go to Scotland, it’s warmer and drier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh my, that'll be a bit nippy in the morning, though around lunchtime it could well be fine. As stated above, I think you're unlikely to find campsites open at that time of year.

For the record, I wouldn't overly advise them to come to Scotland either in November.

Has anyone been in November on bike and camping? I can't seem to find any campsites that are open all year round and don't want to stay in hotels.

Re hotels - are you not toilet trained?
Hotels or airbnb are quite reasonably priced out of season.
Does the Ferry still run that late?

I can recommend an apartment with secure garage on the border of Potes for around £40 per night via airbnb. PM me if you want the details

Mmmm… point taken. Wanted to get away with my new camping gear but struggling to find somewhere. Back to the drawing board.

Good luck in November.

I was in the Picos in June this year and it was snowing!

Yeah, been looking at southern Spain now but not the coast. Ronda and Hornos area looks good weather wise and campsites open all year. Barbados...wouldn't thank you for it!

Mmmm… point taken. Wanted to get away with my new camping gear but struggling to find somewhere. Back to the drawing board.

I was in the picos the first week of Oct a few years ago. Couldn't find much in the way of open campsites. One right out on the west coast was nice but very quiet. It was a real mixture of weather too, wet and cold some days and 30°C on others. Some of the hotels I stayed in were cheap enough.
As said above try further south or maybe even the south of France, but even there most campsites will be shut.

Looks like we may be going next week... Will be interesting to see what it's like. Only a short trip so probably using accommodation and not bothering with camping gear...

Looks like we may be going next week... Will be interesting to see what it's like. Only a short trip so probably using accommodation and not bothering with camping gear...

Here now
Weather great - 26/27c here today
Cloudless blue skies

Thanks Johnny Boxer :)

Anyone have a VOUCHER CODE for Brittany Ferries???

Please :aidan

Thanks Johnny Boxer :)

Anyone have a VOUCHER CODE for Brittany Ferries???

Please :aidan

Cloudy start this morning - dry and about 17c
Now at teatime it's been sunny all afternoon and is 23c
Just having a beer on the terrace

Back
Top Bottom