Peli case top box.......

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a peli case / Nanuk case / otter box or similar as a top box before?
Thinking of getting one as so much cheaper than ali cases, just trying to figure out best way to secure it to rear rack of a 2107 1200 Adv

Thanks in advance

Easiest way is to drill though and bolt the case to rear rack, especially if there are holes already in the plate.
If you want to take case off quicker its worth fitting rivnuts into the plate.
I prefer the "Peli Storm" cases rather that the proper Peli's as the catches are easier to open.
I'll stick some pictures up later.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Yep, ive run both fat and thin Pelicases as a topbox before,
Bolted direct to rear rack using M8 stainless and 'penny' washers.

There are cheaper cases on ebay than genuine Pelicases, just as good.

You can lock with a padlock, tho I never bothered.

Ultimately I prefer my Givi case though ��

I have a small one fitted to the rear of my T120, although now it is mounted on a black hepco and becker rack. I keep a stop N go puncture kit, disc lock, air pump, assorted tools, spectacles, Wd40, side stand puck, fuses and relays, insulating tape and neck tube.

Attachments

• DSC_0134-1 (1).jpg
    DSC_0134-1 (1).jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 487
I used an old pillion seat frame and bolted a Peli case to that. It was as easy as removing it when i needed pillion seat for an arse to sit on.

Been using one for years, on various bikes. Drill and tap, screw bolt down, tighten from underneath with a nut. No waterproofing issues. Putting it on another bike? Soldering iron and some cable ties to fill the old holes

Yes, I have fitted a Pelican case as a top-box. Simply marked out a template, drilled through and used bonded rubber anti-vibration mounts bought from eBay and stainless nuts and penny washers. Sealed with a touch of silicon and it all works very well indeed bolted to my 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere. I’ll have a look and see if I can find a pic to post.

Here you go....

Attachments

• IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 371
I have an sw motech plate fitted the peli case has 3 1/4 turn fixings , then it’s easy on or off to add any other adaptor plate

137c3b8ca2dc6bcc0f8ded0d32b4bde9.jpg

I use a little peli case as a backbox for a jacket or work clothes. I secured it by 2 bolts into the grab handle holes of my rack and then a small securing spacer which I 3d printed to stop it bouncing.
Very happy with the cheap but practical solution.
edce94d388afc01b660baea92feae2c9.jpg
412d0ab39ec9683191da18e90b4d4e51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom