Honda CRF 250 Rally.

spikerjack 46

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:beer::beer:

Use to ride GS 1150s until I took a wee heart attack a couple of years ago. The better half wanted me to get rid of it and the long and short of it was I did. Missed the biking, so as I had a dr400 & 600 Suzuki's and a lot lighter, I rode round Ireland completing the Irish Photo Rally. This year I got myself a 2 year old CRF with 36 miles on it. I was finding the kick starter a bit tiresome on the dr's. Electric is the way to go. I've just completed the Irish Photo Rally & Ironbutt Irish Photo Rally, and found it comfy, cheap but not fast, but fast enough for the roads that I was on. I've passed the need for speed and now enjoy the quiet tootle. Total mileage just over 4000 miles.
14 - Clare .jpg18 - Cork .jpg031.jpg
Brief (6) September.jpg

Small is nice.

:beerjug::beerjug:

Great post.
Shangrila.
So instead of chasing the gods of speed and cubes, it looks like you have found your own motorcycling niche, perfect.

:beerjug:

A great antidote to the need for power and speed. :beerjug:
(While ever we do 2 up touring we'll keep a bigger bike but one day soon I'll get off my arse and get a small trail bike for pottering about on.)

Just done the same, a Honda CRF 250L, 3 months old with 360 miles, like new and a very nice saving on a new one.
A bit heavy & slow, just like myself.
Going to prep it for a jolly to Morocco in April.
:beerjug:

Attachments

• 02CD8F16-9798-4F53-8181-403D89167E03.jpg
    02CD8F16-9798-4F53-8181-403D89167E03.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 435EEF6B-67B5-4EC4-9422-F8AA81CAF4D4.jpg
    435EEF6B-67B5-4EC4-9422-F8AA81CAF4D4.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,121
Nice looking bikes the rally I just wish they were a 450 though. I had the normal 250l and really didn’t enjoy having to thrash it just to go at a reasonable pace. It’s surprising Yamaha Suzuki or anyone else hasn’t brought out a lightweight small capacity trail bike to compete with it. It’s hardly changed in 8 years .

They are indeed great bikes to just chill and take in the scenery! I trailered my L across whilst working at The Open this year and commuted from my digs down the road from you in Garvagh to Portrush via the little B roads. This pic is my bike at Murlough Bay. It has IMS tank, Ohlins rear, Racetech front, NC700 screen, Corbin seat (massive improvement!), bar risers and renthal bars. The luggage frames were adapted to take my E21 Givi panniers.

They are indeed great bikes to just chill and take in the scenery! I trailered my L across whilst working at The Open this year and commuted from my digs down the road from you in Garvagh to Portrush via the little B roads. This pic is my bike at Murlough Bay. It has IMS tank, Ohlins rear, Racetech front, NC700 screen, Corbin seat (massive improvement!), bar risers and renthal bars. The luggage frames were adapted to take my E21 Givi panniers.

Nice.

Looking good, the Missenden flyer was pottering round on the same model in one of his videos a couple of weeks ago.

perfect for a winters bike these.

Love these but seat height normally is the issue for me...

tyres

what tyres do you have on the Rally or the L? They look knobbly and not the stock tyres. Do they work well on tarmac as well?

:beer::beer:

Use to ride GS 1150s until I took a wee heart attack a couple of years ago. The better half wanted me to get rid of it and the long and short of it was I did. Missed the biking, so as I had a dr400 & 600 Suzuki's and a lot lighter, I rode round Ireland completing the Irish Photo Rally. This year I got myself a 2 year old CRF with 36 miles on it. I was finding the kick starter a bit tiresome on the dr's. Electric is the way to go. I've just completed the Irish Photo Rally & Ironbutt Irish Photo Rally, and found it comfy, cheap but not fast, but fast enough for the roads that I was on. I've passed the need for speed and now enjoy the quiet tootle. Total mileage just over 4000 miles.
View attachment 426789View attachment 426790View attachment 426791
View attachment 426792

Small is nice.

:beerjug::beerjug:

Great bikes and I took mine to the IOM three times. Surprisingly it was fine on the through the night 200 mile trip across country to Heysham.

I prefer small light bikes now, more fun and less worrying about going to prison.

Back
Top Bottom