Latest issue with Brittany Ferries

I'm in need of getting to Morocco on 16th and wanted to take the Ferry to Santander 12th November to give me a few days to get there...but of course it is full! The date before (9th) is too early for me to make and the one after (14th) arrives on the 16th morning...so that's a big ride to get into Morocco same day. So frustrating. Anyone know if cancellations are common and so I should keep checking back? Or just come to terms with the long ride after a 35hr crappy ferry journey? :sleep

I have found BF fine on my trips, although we got lucky in May when their ships were breaking down regularly, crossings before and after ours were cancelled and we were touch and go on the lad up to our trip.

They don't make a fortune, .€8m profit on .€440m turnover is not a big margin, would you set up in business with a 2% margin on your time / goods? Although as with all big corps there is probably another chunk that has been moved to Bermuda and the .€8m could just be the little bit they declare and pay tax on - who knows? But either way I bet it is not a vast profit margin....

...and maybe does not leave enough to maintain the ships in ship-shape (sorry)

I'm in need of getting to Morocco on 16th and wanted to take the Ferry to Santander 12th November to give me a few days to get there...but of course it is full! The date before (9th) is too early for me to make and the one after (14th) arrives on the 16th morning...so that's a big ride to get into Morocco same day. So frustrating. Anyone know if cancellations are common and so I should keep checking back? Or just come to terms with the long ride after a 35hr crappy ferry journey? :sleep

Send the bike down in a van, and get a cheap flight. Or just take an extra day and ride down. ;)

Have you tried talking to them rather than just using the on-line booking system ? I've found their customer service to be excellent so it's worth giving them a call.

Agree with the above, I have found them very easy to deal with over the phone, and m/c places do seem to be filling fast for next year, dates I wanted in May are full already so have booked June instead.

I am a BF Club Voyage member, so if anyone wants a discount code, then PM me, it’s normally worth about £50pp off the normal fare, but if there is a group of you it may be worth looking at joining yourself. John

Have you tried talking to them rather than just using the on-line booking system ? I've found their customer service to be excellent so it's worth giving them a call.

I will try again but they said they were full before when I called :)

Back
Top Bottom