ABS warning light

Morety

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would you credit it....the very last day of my used bike warranty given by the vendor when I bought it (non-bmw) and started the bike up this morning to take it in for it's service and the ABS light came on with a message that it had failed to complete self diagnostics. Turned it of, then on again, warning triangle up and wouldn't extinguish. Third time lucky, started bike, warning came up and triangle went out only after about 5 or 10 seconds after abs lights went off. Rode it in and all seems fine. Just concerned that a sensor may be on its way out.

Every cloud has a silver lining though as the service dept advised me (news to me!) that I have another year's warranty on the bike! Full BMW used bike warranty which previous owner must have taken out. I'm guessing it has breakdown recovery as part of that package, I just hope I don't now have cause to use it...

Anyone get this message up? Bike is a 2016 gsa.

I had this once ages ago.

Check that neither front or rear brake are activated whilst it boots up after starting.

On mine the hand guard had slightly fouled the front.

Worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This type of warning could be triggered by the user not letting the diagnostic sequence complete before hitting the starter; which could also explain the subsequent correct operation.

Even the 11** were sensitive to it, so I'd suspect the gizmo laden 12**'s to be even more so.

Turn it on, wait until all lights have stopped flashing/needles waving, start bike.

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I had left the bike to do it's full diagnostics and usually do have the front brake on when starting the bike up after that. These error messages came up during self diagnostics so perhaps a sensor issue. Will chase it up with the service team to see if it's anything to be concerned about.

Picked the bike up and there were false codes thrown. They've apparently seen this before where the ECU has a hiccup (that or the sensor) but a reflash and all seems fine now.

Back
Top Bottom