Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Motorcycles

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

CW Motorcycles

It's been posted on the CWs mailing list that Dave Wyndham is going to be handing the business over "to others" in preparation for his (& Rosie's) retirement.

As a result CWs will not be selling new BMWs after Nov '19. Servicing and sales of secondhand bikes will apparently be continuing at least until mid-summer '20.

I've very fond memories of CWs from Dave and Wally's early days (when they sold both BMs and Kawasaki) and have been on a number of their organised trips.

End of an era.

That's a great shame, they have not long ago spent a lot of money redoing the place to keep BMW happy.

BMW want big car and bike dealer groups with multi site depots I guess

However buying a BMW bike is far different to buying a BMW car and I think BMW UK seem to forget that
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

I just hope CW can continue in the same vein, always had fantastic customer service from a really good set of people.
    You always knew you would be looked after when going down to see Dave and Wally.
    Good luck to Dave for his retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    However buying a BMW bike is far different to buying a BMW car and I think BMW UK seem to forget that
    Absolutely spot on!

Finding and maintaining a dealer group where both their bike and car divisions are equally as good has evaded me over many years. They are missing a trick for sure.
    Die with memories, not dreams

I would wounder if bahnstomer (Alister) might step in and buy out Dave ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9man View Post
    I would wounder if bahnstomer (Alister) might step in and buy out Dave ?
    If you mean take over the Dorchester site then I doubt it, BMW want a new swanky shop in bigger town apparently.

You must mean Poole then

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    If you mean take over the Dorchester site then I doubt it, BMW want a new swanky shop in bigger town apparently.
    Marshall in Poole/Bournemouth already have BMW cars & Mini on a single site. They have a Motorrad franchise elsewhere, so maybe they will create a Cheltenham-like mega complex for the south coast?
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Marshall in Poole/Bournemouth already have BMW cars & Mini on a single site. They have a Motorrad franchise elsewhere, so maybe they will create a Cheltenham-like mega complex for the south coast?
    you think that is mega then try BMW Aachen its feking enormous, multi story building, second hand Bikes and clothing in basement, then new and touratech shop on ground, then harley and I think triumph next floors up, and seperate but connected building for mini and bmw cars, probably 3 maybe 4 times the size of Cheltenham
    ''Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men''

www.thektmforum.com for all your ktm needs

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    That's a great shame, they have not long ago spent a lot of money redoing the place to keep BMW happy.
    Similar story to Rainbow?

Quote Originally Posted by timeandtide View Post
    Similar story to Rainbow?
    I think so
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

CW have been my dealer of choice for some years, Wally dug me right out of the poo some years ago by picking my bike up, fixing it and bringing it back the day before my first overseas bike tour. I have bought five bikes from them since and recommended them many times.

Sadly I think there have been problems at CW for a few months and as much as I tried I couldn’t buy the sixth and latest GSA from them.

I hope the guys there get looked after, find good jobs or make a go of it themselves. Stuart, Mark, Gareth, Ian x 2 have a few years under their belts and a wealth of knowledge.
    Edited because I cannot type

Lost Planet Airman (retired) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    United Kingdomshire (aka North East Brussels)
    CW have been my dealer too, at least since around 1999-2000 (i.e. ~ 19 years).

They've been fantastic both for sales and service.

That's heartbreaking news.

But Dave had/has to retire sometime and it was always likely that once the W as well as the C in "CW" went, it'd be the end of an era. Wally was a superstar in my book and a top rate guy to deal with. Didn't really know Dave quite so well although Ted Simon always spoke highly of him in his dispatches.

I do recall someone saying that BMW Motorrad had been "hard taskmasters" to them and whether this is true or not I don't know.

The really big problem for motorcycling as a whole is that at least here in the UK it's not predicted to have a great future and I believe sales are tracking down over the years... younger folks just aren't interested in anything that's not some kind of computer. Motorbikes are unappealing to younger people and the whole 2-wheeled thing leaves them cold. And they're the future buyers.... or not.

I really hope they can continue in one format or another.
    'Exiting Smiling'

They are going to continue as a used dealer and independent BMW service centre. They are also now selling new Royal Enfield

Lost Planet Airman (retired) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    United Kingdomshire (aka North East Brussels)
    Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    They are going to continue as a used dealer and independent BMW service centre. They are also now selling new Royal Enfield
    That is at least some good news.
    'Exiting Smiling'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast