Akrapovic Titanium Headers

I had decat headers on mine and thought they made quite a difference to the grunt of the bike, though mine were the poor mans stainless.

Full system turning the lovely Rainbow colours

Make sure you clean the headers once you have fitted and before you fire it up, to remove any oily finger marks, if you want them to go blue/rainbow spray the headers with Copious amounts of wd40.

Make sure you clean the headers once you have fitted and before you fire it up, to remove any oily finger marks, if you want them to go blue/rainbow spray the headers with Copious amounts of wd40.

Ok will do.

Just ordered some new port gaskets, so it's all fresh and new

Ok to reuse the old gaskets as they are sprung metal thingys, done it now on 3 bikes no probs.

Ok cool. I just wont throw away the old ones then :thumb2

Quite looking forward to getting them fitted next week now.

I'll get the heat shield and Rizoma guards powdercoated satin black, to match everything else. Jobs a good 'un.

It'll give me a chance to thoroughly clean and wax underneath the bike while the old headers are taken off.

Quite looking forward to getting them fitted next week now.

I'll get the heat shield and Rizoma guards powdercoated satin black, to match everything else. Jobs a good 'un.

It'll give me a chance to thoroughly clean and wax underneath the bike while the old headers are taken off.

Plug the holes. ;)

Headers turned up today, so without delay I stripped the bike and installed them.

Being as I've just done it's 18000 mile service, I gave it a good clean underneath as well, once the skid plate had been removed.

Attachments

• Akra7.jpg
    Akra7.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Akra6.jpg
    Akra6.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Akra5.jpg
    Akra5.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Akra4.jpg
    Akra4.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 334
Then sent the exhaust back box, heat shield and Rizoma header guards off to the Powder Coaters. Should have those back tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Then fitted the headers

Attachments

• Akra1.jpg
    Akra1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Akra2.jpg
    Akra2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Akra3.jpg
    Akra3.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 316
I took off the original BMW Headers, including the flappy valve thing, and the cables, and the servo motor.

Replacing all that lot with just the Akrapovic Titanium Headers and a Servo Buddy (to plug into the cables and keep the bikes ECU happy).

The Original Headers weighed 3.3kg

The Titanium Headers and servo motor Weighed 1.6kg

So an overall weight saving of 1.7kg (pretty much half the weight).

Just got to wait for the powder coated parts to come back now to finish it off :thumby:

Worth every penny ;)

Yeah, I paid £475 for the Titanium Headers, Delivery and the Rizoma Header Guards

Probably around £900 RRP

I'm happy with that, especially no flappy valve to go wrong, and no catalyst to fail :beerjug:

You'll like the improved va va voom, I certainly did anyway.

I'm actually expecting to lose power.

Without the Cat and flapper valve, I'll probably lose torque. Until I can get it remapped.

You are talking bollocks.
It's a noise regs thing.
Go the whole hog and fit a full system.

Back
Top Bottom