Akrapovic Titanium Headers

I thought the flapper valve was there to keep the torque low down or am I talking bolloxs again...just wondering as im thinking of the exhaust change and stuck whether to go no valve or valve.. argggggggg:comfort:nenau

Why would you want a squeaky mouse valve and cat trolling your BHP potential :D

I dread to think how much a full titanium system will cost you on the R1250

Think it's about £2000 - £2500 :D

Fookin 'ell :D

Bike money. Doesn't count.

:D .....

I actually think that's what the bike industry's marketing strategy is nowadays.

Think of a price, then add £10,000

Love my Ti Akra headers. Wouldn't be without them. If anything they've saved me money as I'll want them on any bike I have now and as they don't fit the R1250 GSA I haven't changed bike!
d36f692a5db4a2332ed188c0a173fd79.jpg

A mere £900-00 , pocket change lol
I just wondered if the valve works with the new shift cam system better than the old version.

they work independent so it won't make a difference, shift cam or not.
plus the valve is virtually closed until 4.5k on the 1250 so removing the valve brings its own benefits

Arrrgh,

So got all the stuff back from Powder Coating this afternoon and was busily fitting it back on the bike, which all went well until I came to the Akrapovic Heat Shield.

There are two bolts, one is mounted on the actual header, and the second is a bracket on a jubilee clip that mounts on the slip on exhaust.

That bracket wasn't in my box of bits, so I'm presuming it's still attached to the Akrapovic End Can that SadJim sold on here.

So, if you bought that Akrapovic End Can off SadJim in the For Sale Section, can you please contact me, as I need that jubilee clip and bracket or I can't fit the heat shield on the headers. :thumb2

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/517417-1200-LC-1250-GS-GSA-BMW-Akra-Can

Just to identify the missing brackets...

Item numbers 9 & 6 in the diagram below

Attachments

• AkraBracket.jpg
    AkraBracket.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 296
Does the guy that bought the end can not need a jubilee clip and bracket as well?

No, because the end can uses the BMW shaped heat shield, or the fancy Carbon Fibre heat shield that comes with it, to fit onto the BMW Headers and moulds around the exhaust flapper valve.

The Akropovic headers are shaped differently and have their own replacement heat shield, and fitting bracket.... because it doesn't have the flapper valve

So if the Akrapovic end can is being fitted to Akrapovic headers, he'll already have the parts as that bracket comes with the headers.

Parts back from the powder coating, cost me £20 cash :cool:

Attachments

• Parts1.jpg
    Parts1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 226
Nice fresh exhaust repainted.

Attachments

• Exhaust1.jpg
    Exhaust1.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Exhaust2.jpg
    Exhaust2.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 233
  • Exhaust3.jpg
    Exhaust3.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 241
Those Rizoma Header Guards were in silver, which wouldn't match my bike.

So powder coated those black as well.

Thought they look ok :beerjug:

Attachments

• Rizoma1.jpg
    Rizoma1.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Rizoma2.jpg
    Rizoma2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Rizoma3.jpg
    Rizoma3.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 207