Trousers - info needed

I agree, my Halvarrsons were good , but now are not. 6 years wear on a mostly daily basis, weekend ride outs and about 60k in them. Happy with them, but they are now leaking esp in the crotch area which is not ideal when arriving at work...Also from behind the knees strangely enough. Maybe its the angle or continual bending that creates a weak point through use etc. I'd have them again but if I'd prefer to stretch to a pro shell and avoid sodden textiles dripping all over....If the streetguard is any good then a 2 year warranty with them for £180 quid is a good deal. If they don't leak and don't need to go back and forwards too often etc. If they leak after that, it's been £90 a year. Halvarssons shell are £400 with the same warranty i.e £200 a year..Rukka (goretex) are around £600 for 6 years...but it's not an easy 600 I have lying around. I'd agree Rukka isn't all that much better cost wise, but with their own 6 year warranty and Gore's "guarantee to keep you dry" warranty it's a tough choice.

A choice made easier though if you consider that one Rukka suit pays for two Halvarssons suits!?

That was my way of looking at it. If I get 5 good years from my Halvarssons gear, I can afford to buy another suit for the price of one Rukka suit.

A choice made easier though if you consider that one Rukka suit pays for two Halvarssons suits!?

That was my way of looking at it. If I get 5 good years from my Halvarssons gear, I can afford to buy another suit for the price of one Rukka suit.

Funny that. My 6 year old Rukka recently started leaking at the elbows. Out of warranty I contacted Gore Tex. They have inspected and agreed to replace my jacket with a new one (£700). So that's 12 years warranty/piece of mind for £500...bonus...£41 pounds....

Is that typical though? Do many replace garments out of warranty? You had a good result, but there's no guarantees anyone else who buys now would get the same treatment 6 years down the line. I wouldn't buy on that premise. Good result for you though.

Is that typical though? Do many replace garments out of warranty? You had a good result, but there's no guarantees anyone else who buys now would get the same treatment 6 years down the line. I wouldn't buy on that premise. Good result for you though.

Wa ha ha another bonus in my biking kit today. Daytona wanted a £100 to repair my boots and soles but couldn't guarantee waterproofing. £100 for re conditioned boots or £200 plus minus for new different boots that are guaranteed waterproof. So I declined and contacted Goretex looking for a reapir strategy. They inspected the receipt and photos, asked to see the boots at their expense and today have agreed to reimburse me up to £289 a pair of boots as long as my new boots are Goretex...Pwa ha.. Obs I will buy Goretex. Gotta hand it to a company that stands that much behind their brand. Boots were in fair nick, 6 years old and used but not abused. Regularly waxed with no holes. Quids in x 2

Got to admit, that's impressive service from Goretex.

I read that as a 3 layer bonded laminate, otherwise surely they would have just said "Outer layer of highly abraision resistant material". Cheap for good trousers irrespective though.

I've done 4000 miles in this BMW gear this month in some absolutely horrific rain and wind and it's been absolutely bullet proof and the best gear that I have owned. I would say that part of that satisfaction is because the zip in sallopete (sp?) extension is really good and also because the matching jacket will zip into the trousers. I'd highly recommend it.

I've done 4000 miles in this BMW gear this month in some absolutely horrific rain and wind and it's been absolutely bullet proof and the best gear that I have owned. I would say that part of that satisfaction is because the zip in sallopete (sp?) extension is really good and also because the matching jacket will zip into the trousers. I'd highly recommend it.

thank you. That is a point in the trust this camp. Good. Now, is it textile or a shell/laminate?

the Yukon suit is 2 layer therefore it will be very light and flexible to wear and should be very comfy, not as hard wearing as a 3 layer obviously but will be fine for most leisure riders, if you wear an undersuit as well it will last forever anyway.

It looks a decent suit for those that cant stomach the price of Rukka or Stadler etc...

the Yukon suit is 2 layer therefore it will be very light and flexible to wear and should be very comfy, not as hard wearing as a 3 layer obviously but will be fine for most leisure riders, if you wear an undersuit as well it will last forever anyway.

It looks a decent suit for those that cant stomach the price of Rukka or Stadler etc...

So I popped in to a dealers to look. It seems the Yukon is being discontinued as no stock (actually spoke to another dealer who also said they hadn't ordered or sold any of the pants in 2019). Anyhow, they didn't have the Yukon but did have the Balistik which is the model down (non goretex but a 3 year warranty). Looks ok but so much thicker and felt swaddled in them. But they do only make 1 leg size for all pants and that's 33". Agreed there is a turn up at the bottom with velcro to save an inch but it just wasn't right. Kind of a trouser that was produced to fit as many as possible in one pattern, so not really as comfortable for me as I'd like. Workmanship and zips looked good and would last with both gore tex and a 5 year warranty but for me they were just too bulky and not really in the same league as my current troos. It also wouldn't zip to a rukka jacket despite the zips being the same, the end joining part is a different shape. Cunning. My halvarrsons zip straight on and I believe the Dane clothing will too. So it looks like you can either get Rukka and goretex and 6 years warranty, or any other goretex garment and 2 years warranty...or halvarrsons and no goretex! I know the Halvarrsons will be top quality and just feel quality but only 2 years and a fair decent price tag. Time to start looking for a rukka deal or maybe see about Klim

Back
Top Bottom