NAV V on 2013 TC

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
About to fit the Nav V bought on here with 4 button cradle to my 2013 GSA TC. I noticed that the cradle has 2 leads, one I recognize which powers the NAV and plugs straight in to bike. Is there or should there be a second connector on my bike for the other lead?

I haven't got sat nav but maybe you can glean some info from this.

If you're going to use a NAV5 on a 2013+ BMW R1200GS, K1600GT/GTL or a 2014 R1200GS Adventure, you will want to purchase the device without the Four Button Mount. But, you will need to make sure the bike is configured with BMW's GPS [Navigation] Preparation Mount which is a Dealer/Factory installed option. The GPS Prep Mount doesn't have any buttons, it has an extra cable that links the NAV5 to the bikes LIN bus and the new multi-controller switch on the left hand-grip as seen below.
As a friend pointed out to me recently, the multi-controller switch turns the new BMW's into a "remote control" for the NAV5 and clearly a safety feature that everyone should have for their GPS: at least that's what he told his wife after he purchased the NAV5 (he now owns a 2014 R1200GS Adventure).

If you don't own a 2013+ BMW GS, K1600GT/GTL or a 2014 R1200GS Adventure don't despair, you can buy the NAV5 with BMW's Four-button Mount. And, for an additional $18 you can also purchase an adapter pigtail for the Power Plug (BMW p/n 83 30 0 413 586) which will make it easy to adapt the NAV5 to any bikes 12vdc system. You won't have the added benefit of linking to the bikes Trip Computer and LIN Bus like the bikes listed above but you will have buttons. Those of you who have been waiting for a new unit to replace your GPSMAP 276/376/379/478/479 take notice.

Just use the power lead. The other one is for the interactive stuff with the wiggly wheel.
I have the same on my 06 GSA. Works fine without the other lead being connected for the extra a features.

Infact I also use another 4 buttonmount on a ram ball with a din plug for the power on both of my TL'S and the four buttons also work fine on them too.:thumb2

Like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_162228.jpg
    IMG_20191012_162228.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 145

Back
Top Bottom