Super Tenere ECU Flash - recommendation

andrew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had my S10 ecu flashed 3 years ago using FTecu software - it was a great improvement, removing the restrictions on the lower gears and giving a bit more grunt but was never 100% happy with the fuelling in the 2 - 4k rev range in lower gears. it was very snatchy and difficult to ride slowly without slipping the clutch.
I was getting increasing frustrated with this characteristic to the point where I was considering selling the bike.
I picked up on a thread on this forum by cbrgaz recommending the services of grant123 of this forum at https://www.wizperformance.co.uk

A quick call to Grant who also uses FTecu software but has modified and developed the standard map through his ownership of a S10 and I was convinced to give him a go.

To cut a very long story short, ecu flash has been reflashed and to say I am happy with the results in an understatement - huge improvement and cured the issue plus a lot more! Bike starts easier, much smoother at tickover, roll on/roll off very smooth in the problem rev range and now pulls like a train!. Touring and Sport mode are both very useable.

Anyone thinking of flashing their S10, give Grant a call, thoroughly recommended. You won't be disappointed.

I have never ridden a flashed S10.......only brand new demos (ES models, post 2014)

Is it really that much of an improvement??

Sent from a U11

A reflash offers far more to Gen1 owners, than on the Gen2 bikes. Often a tweek to the fuelling, to reduce the sharp shutdown deceleration will make the bike feel a whole lot more manageable on a closing throttle.

Power delivery - I always think the idea of any significant improvement is something of a myth, but I can't deny that such claims persist. As a Gen 2 ZE/ES owner of 5 years standing, I have to say I am perfectly happy with the standard bike, so don't feel the need for a reflash, although my opinion is perhaps tainted by past disappointment with PCs & Rolling Road custom maps on other bikes, all of which proved a right royal waste of money.

Looking forward, I shall just have to wait & see if the rumoured 2021 Gen3 update ever materialises.

Thanks andrew, glad you're happy with the bike

A reflash offers far more to Gen1 owners, than on the Gen2 bikes. Often a tweek to the fuelling, to reduce the sharp shutdown deceleration will make the bike feel a whole lot more manageable on a closing throttle.

Power delivery - I always think the idea of any significant improvement is something of a myth, but I can't deny that such claims persist. As a Gen 2 ZE/ES owner of 5 years standing, I have to say I am perfectly happy with the standard bike, so don't feel the need for a reflash, although my opinion is perhaps tainted by past disappointment with PCs & Rolling Road custom maps on other bikes, all of which proved a right royal waste of money.

Looking forward, I shall just have to wait & see if the rumoured 2021 Gen3 update ever materialises.

in response to this, Its partly true, but not to the extent people post on the internet.
yes the gen2 got updates to the fuelling so it's less lean in certain areas and yes it got fewer restrictions in the throttle maps. But the difference a ecu flash makes is just as noticeable. The super tenere is probably the most restrictive bikes in stock form i have ever come across and I urge everyone to try a flashed model.

I'm considering having my 2016 S10 done, was going to use 2 wheel engineering in Bridgend but as good as Dene is he uses the dyno a lot so the cost is around £400 and as good as the end result will be I'm not sure its worth x3 the price of others.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Had my 2014 Gen II flashed by Grant earlier this year. It was better but still fueling badly between 2 and 3000RPM - very snatchy.
I phoned Grant and he suggested removing the oxygen sensors from the exhaust downpipes, which I did.
What a difference, runs much better at low revs, a much more pleasant ride.
I bought some nice Stainless Steel plugs to replace the sensors from Ebay for about £7.50.
Sorted.

Had my 2014 Gen II flashed by Grant earlier this year. It was better but still fueling badly between 2 and 3000RPM - very snatchy.
I phoned Grant and he suggested removing the oxygen sensors from the exhaust downpipes, which I did.
What a difference, runs much better at low revs, a much more pleasant ride.
I bought some nice Stainless Steel plugs to replace the sensors from Ebay for about £7.50.
Sorted.

Always pleasant when the person you deal with knows what he is talking about and gives a real world solution, good on you Grant. :beerjug:

Always pleasant when the person you deal with knows what he is talking about and gives a real world solution, good on you Grant. :beerjug:

Yes indeed , top bloke.
After much messing about I got a better result from Grant , over a full dyno remap service on my MT10 .:okay

Back
Top Bottom